Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #76
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Check your forum time zone settings!

Last edited by PeterT; 12-14-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: OOPS Beaten to it!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #77
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I think its mobile read time lol, I'm in sayward bc so the time is 3:18 but my post time says 11:18
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #78
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
Any news on when Australian customers (who get their update via Borders) will get the update?
Well I hope it will be a little quicker this time.

To be honest, I uninstalled the Kobo desktop off my PC a month ago as I refer upgrades via SD card.

We will see how the next few days pan out.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #79
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
I think its mobile read time lol, I'm in sayward bc so the time is 3:18 but my post time says 11:18
Yeah, I thought that too, but I was busy at the moment and could not remember where to fix it. It is in the USER CP, in the settings and options group, under edit options (at the end of the page).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #80
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
well update seems to have worked on kobo but I cant get the desktop app to open?
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #81
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just had the same problem. This is is what I did.

1) uninstall the Kobo desktop software
2) plug in your reader, choose "manage"
3) Look at My Computer in Windows (not sure where the various drives show up in MAC)
4) Open the Kobo Drive from there.
5) Click on desktop installers.
6) Choose windows or mac and install from there.

This may be the long way around--you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling from http://www.kobobooks.com/desktop

BTW, what OS are you using. I am on Windows 7 64 bit.

Last edited by taming; 12-14-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Flippant answer previously
Old 12-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #82
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
well update seems to have worked on kobo but I cant get the desktop app to open?
I loaded the desktop app on both my computers and it went without a hitch.

All my books showed as New. I shutdown and restarted the app and the New message cleared on them all.

I have the Kobo-WiFi, so no reason to connect it until I need a new book.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #83
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Sayward? You mean that teeny tiny itty bitty place just outside Campbell River?
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #84
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
I loaded the desktop app on both my computers and it went without a hitch.All my books showed as New. I shutdown and restarted the app and the New message cleared on them all.
ltr
That is exactly what is supposed to happen, ltr.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #85
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Sayward? You mean that teeny tiny itty bitty place just outside Campbell River?
yup thats it
Old 12-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #86
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
yup thats it
I'm way up or is it down in Nanaimo....
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #87
The Terminator
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
I'm way up or is it down in Nanaimo....
cool
Old 12-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #88
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Well I hope it will be a little quicker this time.

To be honest, I uninstalled the Kobo desktop off my PC a month ago as I refer upgrades via SD card.

We will see how the next few days pan out.
I'll post when I have done the installation (probably later today or tomorrow morning) and let Aussie Kobo readers know if I get any problems. Do you use Windows and what version? (We seem to have a few computers at home with different versions!) I'll probably use XP on my netbook but I can use Vista. (Yes I have a brand new computer but I still like the netbook because I can sit outdoors, eat your heart out Canadians!)
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #89
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Remember that syncing with the kobobooks one that is officially there will mess up your sync with the stores in Oz. Are you sweating up a storm there, CazMar?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #90
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
I'll post when I have done the installation (probably later today or tomorrow morning) and let Aussie Kobo readers know if I get any problems. Do you use Windows and what version? (We seem to have a few computers at home with different versions!) I'll probably use XP on my netbook but I can use Vista. (Yes I have a brand new computer but I still like the netbook because I can sit outdoors, eat your heart out Canadians!)
My utilities and transfer PC runs XP Pro SP3.

I appreciate you letting us know. This forum is all about community and that is very evident in this thread
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote