Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-01-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
cricobs
cricobs began at the beginning.

Device: desktop
Displaying the page number in TOC items

In the ebook viewer, I would like to display the page number in which an entry in the TOC begins. I see the items have some properties that might be useful, like starts_at, start_src_offset, or start_anchor. I'm having trouble in finding out how to calculate the page with those values.

Last edited by cricobs; 05-01-2017 at 09:39 PM. Reason: yes
cricobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are no page numbers in ebooks. If you mean the simulated page numbers displayed, you cannot since calculating them requires rendering every html file in advance.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
cricobs

So there is no easy way. Can the item.start_src_offset be used to calculate the page using the page offset from the top and height as reference, or something like that? Haven't looked at the code yet, but any clues on how the the fake page number is being calculated? I hope you don't mind I forked your project "calibre highway" on github, . Heavily modifying the viewer, you will hate it :'(
Old 05-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I never mind forks -- that's why calibre is open source -- to encourage others to learn contribute and even fork.

Just so you knwo the existing viewer is in maintenance mode. I have developed an in browser viewer for calibre 3 and the code base of that viewer will eventually replace this one, probably using QtWebEngine instead of QtWebKit.

As for how the fake page number is calculated, see set_page_number and scroll_fraction
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #5
cricobs

Thanks for the heads up! I'm actually planning on a standalone viewer though.

Thanks for your awesome work!
Advert

Tags
item details and options, page count, toc