Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #841
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle PW2, Nexus 7, Fire 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecilop View Post
I'm trying to add the links generated in the details panel to my custom book jacket. ... I'd like to be able to use the information exactly as seen and clickable in the book details panel.

Any field name you can share on this? I haven't been able to find it outside of the actual identifiers field with the "long" unique identifiers. I want to play with it more to see if I can make it work for me in the actual epub.
The name of identifier used to store links for the plugin is "odid".

The string you see in the Id section of the book details panel is generated by the get_book_urls method of plugin when called by the main calibre code. As far as I know this method is called when needed to display the book details panel and the result isn't stored anywhere.

I am not familiar with book jackets or templates or how they handle book identifiers so I cannot help with that.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2017, 01:01 PM   #842
jecilop
Groupie
jecilop shares his or her toysjecilop shares his or her toysjecilop shares his or her toysjecilop shares his or her toysjecilop shares his or her toysjecilop shares his or her toysjecilop shares his or her toysjecilop shares his or her toysjecilop shares his or her toysjecilop shares his or her toysjecilop shares his or her toys

Device: Android
I understand now that it doesn't generate "printable" links as I'm thinking. It's more of an action that works within Calibre.

Oh, well. It was worth asking. Thanks for the information.

(fyi, in the jacket, it would just need a custom field to reference).
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote