Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #601
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
FYI, I suggest you drop Kovid a PM asking him to put the update in the first post since calibre 3.0 is out now.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2017, 07:33 AM   #602
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Hi,
using binary compare I have found about 8000 duplicates. To avoid selecting and deleting over 4000 books I wish to use "automatic deletion" but I have seen it deletes only the book file and not the record entry. Then I have to manually merge one by one.
Is there a way to automatically merge book entries ?
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:41 AM   #603
Krazykiwi
Zealot
Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many random androids to list
If you just want to delete the now empty entries, and a) they don't contain info you specifically want to merge into the entry you kept, and b) those entries now contain no formats (that is, no book files) c) you don't have other arbitrary book entries with no formats, then you can just search for 'formats:false'

If any of a through c are the case, you'll need to probably either do it manually, or somehow mark those and exclude them. Or perhaps search by date modified? Something like 'formats:false and last_modified:=today' (or whatever date you run the find duplicates).
Krazykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:05 PM   #604
MontyJ
Groupie
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I am trying to find a way to "cleanly" remove a list of authors from a given library. I know there are some 'workarounds' involving going directly to Calibre folders and deleting them, but before I go down that road, I want to make sure I am exhausting my options within Calibre and this plugin.

- I have a large list of authors names in a simple ascii text file, one name per line.

- I would like to compare those names against my library and delete any authors and their associated titles within that library.

The most obvious approach to me was to use the "Find Duplicates" and "Import List" plugins as follows:

1. Using the Import List plugin, I create a new library based on the external list of authors names I want to remove.

2. This library now exists with the following content--
Author = Last, First
Title = First Last (dummy title data)
Format = Epub (used 'add empty file' control to add epub to all records)

This library appears to Calibre to be normal, passes all checks, etc.

Next, I use the Find Duplicates plugin to locate duplicate authors:

1. Open the main library with the authors I want to have removed.

2. Open the Find 'Library' Duplicates selection

3. Change the "Title" control to "Ignore", and set the "Author" control to "Similar"

When I run this config, it does find the duplicate authors. I can view the list, copy to clipboard, and save a log of the matching authors.

However, when I click on "OK" on the resulting dialog box, then go to "Virtual Library" and select "Current Search", I get "Error: There is no current search to use".

This works for any other duplicate library searches...why not this one?

Is it because I am setting the "Title" control to "Ignore"? If so, is there a way around that?

I just need the Virtual Library to show the search results (matching author names) so I can then easily delete them.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Monty
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates