Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Queirós, José Maria Eça de: Cartas de Inglaterra (Portuguese), v.1, 31 Dec 2008

From Wikipedia:
José Maria de Eça de Queiroz or Queirós (November 25, 1845 - August 16, 1900) is generally considered to be the greatest Portuguese writer in the realist style. Zola considered him to be far greater than Flaubert. Others rank him with Dickens, Balzac and Tolstoy. Eça never officially rejected Catholicism, but was very critical of the Catholic Church of his time, as is evident in his novels.
and
Cartas de Inglaterra ("Letters from England") is a collection of journalism by the 19th century Portuguese novelist Eça de Queiroz. He worked in the Portuguese consular service and was stationed at Newcastle upon Tyne from late 1874 until April 1879; from then until 1888 he was at Bristol. During this period he published O Primo Basílio ("Cousin Basílio") and Os Maias ("The Maias"), but he was also writing occasional London letters for the Lisbon daily newspaper Diário de Notícias. Some of these afterwards appeared in book form as Cartas de Inglaterra.

I can't read any of this and apologize if I've made any glaring errors. I will gladly post other works by the author if someone can tell me if this ebook renders properly on your ebook reader and I've not made any major mistakes.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Queirós_Cartas de Inglaterra.prc (306.8 KB, 1173 views)

Last edited by vivaldirules; 12-31-2008 at 01:08 PM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:32 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I can't read any of this and apologize if I've made any glaring errors. I will gladly post other works by the author if someone can tell me if this ebook renders properly on your ebook reader and I've not made any major mistakes.
I have uploaded books in French, Spanish and Italian, but no Portuguese yet... I still haven't read any Portuguese, although I live ~5km from that country. I'll download these books and try to find time to read them (Eça de Queirós was obviously in my list of authors to consider for the future).

Thanks for the uploads!
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert