Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 03-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Griffith, George: The Collected Adventures of Rollo Lenox Smeaton, v1, 12 March 2008.

Just for the record, this is my full and complete title:

The Collected Adventures of Rollo Lenox Smeaton Aubrey, Earl of Redgrave, and His Bride, Lilla Zaidie

So, here for your enjoyment, I’ve assembled all the short stories and novels featuring Rollo Lenox Smeaton Aubrey, Earl of Redgrave as he encounters exciting adventures on other worlds.

George Griffith was a well-known Victorian writer, traveler and adventurer. SF hostorian Sam Moskowitz writes that Griffith was "undeniably the most popular science fiction writer in England between 1893 and 1895 ... it is entirely conceivable that Griffith's science fiction outsold that of Wells." (Now, having pulled that quote out, it should be noted that Moskowitz committed numerous factual errors in his SF non-fiction.)

Here’s a taste of what’s in store:

“For their honeymoon Rollo Lenox Smeaton Aubrey, Earl of Redgrave, and his bride, Lilla Zaidie, leave the earth on a visit to the moon and the principal planets, their sole companion being Andrew Murgatroyd, an old engineer who had superintended the building of the Astronef, in which the journey is made. By means of the "R. Force," or Anti-Gravitational Force, of the secret of which Lord Redgrave is the sole possessor, they are able to navigate with precision and safety the limitless ocean of space. Their adventures on the Moon, Mars, and Venus have been described in the first three stories of the series.” (Taken from the Introduction to the fourth story.)

I hope you enjoy it.

NOTE: I did the best I could on the Contents page, but the automatic TOC failed to “capture” some “Titles” that were on top of each other. I then went in and added those 4 or 5 missing Titles onto the Contents page. Automatic TOC creation does not underline within the body of a text when it makes links and notes; however, when when you create manual notes/links the first word is underlined within the body of the text. Until I can find, or rediscover a solution, this is the best I can offer at this time.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote