Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Hodgson, William Hope: Carnacki the Ghost Finder (illustrated) 19 May 07

Thomas Carnacki is a detective created by William Hope Hodgson. This is also my first attempt at an illustrated edition. The first five stories have illustrations, but I can't find any illustrations for the remaining stories.

I'm using deskUNPDF for Mac. The program's not perfect, but it's getting there. I'm still waiting (hoping!) for a Mac program that can do what BookDesigner can do.

This is sort of the "X-Files" of the early 1900's. Here is the Wikipedia summary:

Carnacki lives in a bachelor flat in Cheyne Walk, Chelsea; the stories are told from a first-person perspective by Dodgson, one of Carnacki's four friends.

He is not dogmatic, and always uses evidence to draw his final conclusions, so that in some stories he decides the haunting is real, while in others it is staged or faked by an adversary for various reasons.

This variety makes the stories suspenseful, as the audience is never sure if the ghosts are real or not.

Enjoy!

Edit: Now that I sorta know what I am doing, I cleaned up this file are re-uploaded the new version. I fixed the TOC links, quotes, indents. Much more reader-friendly now.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hodgson, William Hope_Carnacki the Ghost Finder.lrf.zip (1.51 MB, 1289 views)

Last edited by tsgreer; 09-30-2007 at 01:16 AM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This looks very nice. I'm a huge fan of Hodgson (I posted Night Land).

I like the look of your upload: It reminds me of what PDF COULD/MIGHT/SHOULD look like if the Sony could adequately handle PDF. (I mean this as a high compliment.)

Could you start a thread somewhere else on UNPDF, as I would like to know more about it.

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
tsgreer
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Actually unPDF, is a program that takes PDF and outputs them to .lrf fromat (a few other formats as well). The results I have had so far are hit and miss. I'm by no means an expert at it, so maybe someone can explain more.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:19 AM   #4
tsgreer

Hey all, now that I sorta know what I am doing, I cleaned up this file are re-uploaded the new version. I fixed the TOC links, quotes and indents. I no longer use "deskUNPDF" so this is much more reader-friendly now.

Last edited by tsgreer; 09-30-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
Il get to it,even if the manuscript copy is prety weak.
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert