Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-29-2007, 02:13 AM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Howard, Robert E: Savage Stories of Conan v1, 29 Apr 07

Here are 18 public domain Conan stories that Robert E. Howard wrote. There's also an addendum regarding the Hyborian Age written by Howard to give background on the the time period of Conan.

Some stories feature a short verse after the chapter title. I'm unable to create italic text for these, so I put them in parenthesis to distinguish them from the main story.

The stories are:
Book One: The Phoenix on the Sword
Book Two: The Scarlet Citadel
Book Three: The Tower of the Elephant
Book Four: Black Colossus
Book Five: The Slithering Shadow
Book Six: The Pool of the Black One
Book Seven: Rogues in the House
Book Eight: Gods of the North
Book Nine: Shadows in the Moonlight
Book Ten: Queen of the Black Coast
Book Eleven: The Devil in Iron
Book Twelve: The People of the Black Circle
Book Thirteen: A Witch Shall Be Born
Book Fourteen: Jewels of Gwahlur
Book Fifteen: Beyond the Black River
Book Sixteen: Shadows in Zamboula
Book Seventeen: The Hour of the Dragon
Book Eighteen: Red Nails
Addendum: The Hyborian Age

Enjoy!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TheSavageStoriesofConan.lrf.zip (1.27 MB, 1950 views)

Last edited by tsgreer; 04-29-2007 at 02:25 AM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Nice one, thanks!
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'd like to ask where these came from please. Thanks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
tsgreer
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
I'd like to ask where these came from please. Thanks!
Several sources, but the most used source was Gutenberg Australia..
Old 04-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
PG Australia, I believe. See:

http://gutenberg.net.au/plusfifty-a-m.html#letterH

under "Howard".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yeah, I did manage to find them. It is odd though that they are not on the US site. Anyway, I was thinking of redoing them myself since I did manage to keep the italics and convert the -- to — and I want proper contents. As it stands, it is very hard to go to each story and then each part within the story without contents.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
tsgreer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
...I was thinking of redoing them myself since I did manage to keep the italics and convert the -- to — and I want proper contents. As it stands, it is very hard to go to each story and then each part within the story without contents.
Hey JSWolf, that would be great if you want to take that on. I'm on a Mac and I can't use BookDesigner, so the program I have to use is a very basic text editor. I can't do a lot of formatting and I can't make a linked Table of Contents. From what I could tell though, the stories didn't really make much use of italics or heavy formatting..

Feel free to make your own cleaner version and we can upload and switch out my version. And if you wanna use my cover, I can just email you the graphic or you can create your own cover. Just beware of copyright issues so you won't be able to use any of the published book covers or images off of the web.

I just wanted to get the stories out there in .lrf version and did the best I could do based on my software. The ultimate goal is the have the best versions up that we can, so any help is appreciated.