Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-28-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Boox Max 2 - Wifi Issues

Hello all,

since some time (a few months or so) I have two issues that have not been that serious before:
  • Reception is worse than it has been. Even when sitting next to the router (literally less than half a meter distance), I get no more than two bars. That has been a lot better before.
  • Power drain is drastic. It has always been worse with wifi turned on, but still tolerable. Now, I can watch the percentage go down. In less than an hour from over ninety to zero. When Wifi is turned off, still the usual (little) power usage, where I can use the Boox several days for sheetmusic reading in a separate app and taking notes.

Has anybody experienced anything like this?

As stated, I have been ok with both issues before.

Best,
Jan

Last edited by Jayjee; 12-28-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:05 PM   #2
adrians
Enthusiast
adrians doesn't litteradrians doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Could it be that something in the environment has started interfering with WiFi reception? Portable telephones could do this or microwave ovens, other wifi routers/equipment, or anything operating in the bands (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) that the reader is using.

It is possible that due to some high level of interference the reader is constantly retrying/renegotiating the connection and therefore consuming more than normal power. Try to go to another place that provides wifi access to see if the situation improves.
adrians is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2020, 02:52 PM   #3
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
It happened to me on the previous firmware, just updating the apps would take a hit of 15/20% or so and sometimes speeds of 20kbps or something like that

I solved it with a hard reset, also no problems with the latest firmware.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote