Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #1
Milanya
Milanya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRC-T2
Replacing Sony PRS T2

I am looking to replace my loyal Sony. I love it but it is 7 years old an has no screen lighting. Kindle is not an option for me. I am looking at Pocketbook Touch Lux 4 and Onyx Darwin 6. Unfortunnately, they are not available in stores. Can somebody share experiences with these readers to help me choose? Price is also a consideration. Onyx is more expensive, but it does include a cover and an adopter for charging, which pocketbook does not.

Last edited by Milanya; 06-02-2019 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Addition
Milanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the “Which one should I buy” forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2019, 01:48 PM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Please give more info. For example, you've made me curious as to why you're ruling out Kindle; knowing the answer to this could help with other suggestions.

You mention that price is a consideration; it might help if you were more specific: how much is your limit? This might prevent recommendations which you wouldn't consider.

Some time ago I considered buying a Pocketbook Touch HD, but I prefered the Pocketbook Touch HD 2 because it had an SD slot. They don't appear to sell those anymore.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:39 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Where do you live, what is your budget, and what features are important to you?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote