Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
emusan
Edge User

friend needs some help with adb

I know this guy who got his PE late and wasn't able to register here, considering you all know more than I do, and I have no idea whats wrong with what he's doing, I'm posting his problem here(pulled from his post on another board):
Quote:
I've installed the SDK and the tools are working (from cmd I can play with ADB) but the edge never shows up.

I've turned on USB Debugging and did z4root but nothing is showing up.

Just finished rebooting and still not there.

Anyone know if theres a hoop I didn't jump?
it should also be noted that it is likely not a problem on the PE side, as that shows the two icons it should, anyone here a Win7 expert?

Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
ivan
Edge User

I'm not a windows expert in any sense - OS/2 here - but having read of the problems some NAS users are having with win7 seeing the shares available I would say try looking at the firewall settings and security permissions. Those two appear to hold the key to what win7 will and will not 'see' be it on the network or by direct connection.

If the ADB is available for Linux then I would recommend that he uses one of the live CDs and trys that.

Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
emusan
Edge User

Well, he actually just figured the problem out, apparently windows was searching for the drivers from windows update and managed to find something that either wasn't for edge or was outdated. He uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them by pointing to the android sdk drivers folder, which apparently worked.

It should also be noted that he was using adb over usb, not wifi, though it is possible to do it wirelessly I've heard its not well supported and is extremely buggy.

And I think ADB might work for linux... as long as you can get the sdk installed you should have it.