Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 01:12 AM   #1
fpn
fpn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Problems with Calibre and Koreader

Hi, sorry for the preamble, but I just got my first E-reader (kobo forma) and I love it! Also, since I'm new to this forum, sorry if this is in the wrong section and should be under calibre.

I installed KOreader and calibre and even though there are some kinkds, it's been mostly fine. However, recently I added a series to my device through calibre, and stuff started didn't seem to work well.

First off, the tags don't seem to work? I set tags for all my books in calibre, however, when I try to search by calibre metadata -> view tags, no tags are shown. Rather, when I click on any book and view the book information, the tags are under the Keywords section?

Also, when searching by series, things don't seem to work completely well that way either. Only certain books in the series are displayed when searching by calibre metadata -> browse series. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but since the series is written by multiple authors, there's no way to view all the books in one place since calibre puts books into folders by author. I did label the series by number (so "series name [#]") which I thought could be causing the problem, but that's not the case. Seemingly arbitrarily the majority of the books (20+) aren't shown in the series category, which only shows three of the books (1, 13, 5). Those three books are in the same folder, but there are other books in that folder too, so I'm completely stumped how KOreader is handling all of this...

Right now this isn't really a problem since I haven't started on that series, but when I do...

Thanks for any and all help!
fpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:17 AM   #2
fpn
fpn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I fixed my issue!

I ended up factory resetting, reverting to previous kobo firmware, and reinstalling Koreader.

I think the problem with the tags not showing up was due to the kobo firmware being too high, so calibre couldn't modify the collections (I think? Not too sure). The problem with the books not showing up in the series was because the device wasn't refreshing after every time I uploaded a new book, thus when I played around with the metadata and thus folder structure, files were moved around / deleted, but since the metadata wasn't being updated they weren't being shown when I searched by metadata.

Now my main problem was why wasn't the kobo updating and refreshing when I uploaded new books via calibre? I'll post that question in the proper forum when it comes to it. For now this thread is officially solved. Is there a way I can mark this thread as solved or something? I'm not used to this forum format
fpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2020, 07:29 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The original issue vaguely smells like a mangled calibre.metadata file, which would of course be "fixed" by a factory reset, since it'll get wiped.

The FW version has nothing to do with it, as long as you're using a current, sane Calibre build.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:49 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
In calibre, is there a consistent labeling in the "Series" column, for your series. I usually have to "edit Metadata" for each book to add the series info.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote