Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-04-2020, 08:34 PM   #1
Masacroso
Masacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: cybook gen3 clone
Can KOreader installed in a Kobo Forma follow links inside pdf's?

Hi, I want to buy a new ereader to read mainly pdf's and I need to know if I install KOreader in a kobo forma I can follow the links inside a pdf, it is not clear from the documentation of KOreader, by example, in the documentation it can be read that KOreader follow EPUB hyperlinks, however it doesn't says something about pdf's. However using an appimage (in ubuntu) of KOreader and opening a pdf I can follow the hyperlinks, so it is not clear if I could do the same in a kobo forma.

Also I would like to know if KOreader have a function to come back to the previous page after you jumped to some other page using an hyperlink.

Can someone clarify these questions? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Masacroso; 08-04-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Masacroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:04 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Anything like that is device-independent. Things that are unique to the AppImage should be fairly self-explanatory, like resizing windows and opening external hyperlinks in your default browser. Anything related to document-handling is platform-agnostic.

Quote:
Also I would like to know if KOreader have a function to come back to the previous page after you jumped to some other page using an hyperlink.
There's a "go back to previous location" in the top-left most menu, as well as a multiswipe (left, right).

Multiswipes are a bit harder to execute with a mouse though.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #3
Masacroso
Masacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a TexanMasacroso might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: cybook gen3 clone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Anything like that is device-independent. Things that are unique to the AppImage should be fairly self-explanatory, like resizing windows and opening external hyperlinks in your default browser. Anything related to document-handling is platform-agnostic.

There's a "go back to previous location" in the top-left most menu, as well as a multiswipe (left, right).

Multiswipes are a bit harder to execute with a mouse though.
Thank you very much for your fast and kindly explanation
Masacroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I tested this on an onyx and it worked. Pdf->link->Web page->back button->pdf

So works on an onyx at Least.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:39 AM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I tested this on an onyx and it worked. Pdf->link->Web page->back button->pdf

So works on an onyx at Least.
Yeah, open links in a browser and open thirdparty dictionary apps rely on a platform that has ways of doing that.

It should work just fine in any android, linux and mac devices. The rest of platforms cannot open external links except if they belong to wikipedia, which is integrated in the program and doesn't need an external browser.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert