Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 07-04-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
Magnus
Enthusiast
Magnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Drag/drop books d

I am running Calibre/Server via Docker.

When I bring up the Calibre Library in my browser, I can not add books by drag/drop into the Calibre view. When I attempt this I get:

I am the administrator and the logs are unapparent.

Is it not possible to add books on this manner to Calibre, as it is with the Windows installer version?
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm confused. The calibre server has no error message that reads "File transfer is either not supported..." What is it you are trying to add books too and how exactly are you doing it?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:39 AM   #3
brottman
brottman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I know exactly what he is talking about. When you run Calibre using the docker image https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/calibre you are presented with a web interface which is identical to the regular Calibre GUI. I'm not exactly sure how they are doing this, but I believe it runs an html server called Guacamole.

Using the regular Calibre interface, you can drag and drop books into the library. However, when using the docker version, even though the interface looks identical, the web version of the interface does not let you drag and drop books.

I have resorted to using the content service (also part of the docker image) to get my books into the library. It's clunky, but it works.

Pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/UreZBAR

Last edited by brottman; 08-28-2020 at 09:41 AM.
brottman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre content server most definitely allows you to add books, by clicking the + button in the top bar in the book list view.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 12:03 PM   #5
Magnus
Enthusiast
Magnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The calibre content server most definitely allows you to add books, by clicking the + button in the top bar in the book list view.
It's even simpler than that... In Docker I mapped a volume (linuxserver/calibre):

docker/calibre/import > /import

and set /import as the watched folder.

Now I just drop an epub into /docker/calibre/import, and within seconds it is added to Calibre_Library.

I don't even need to open the Calibre GUI

How easy is that?
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote