Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-13-2020, 01:06 PM   #1
sr1921
sr1921 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, remarkable
Highlight problem with newlines in PDF files

When I highlight text in a PDF file, it seems that the break lines are ignored and so the word ending each line and the one starting the next line are recorded as a single word with no blank space between them.

This error can be noticed already in the metadata.pdf.lua file within the .sdr directory.
The error is also shown when exporting the notes with the Evernote plugin (no matter if you use the option to export as HTML or as a text file, in both cases the error can be seen).

At first I thought that the problem could be the way the newline was encoded in the output file, but it seems that this is not the case (I cannot see any special character between the two words).
The problem is not either related to the PDF formatting, as copying and pasting from the PDF to a text file keeps the break lines as expected.

To reproduce the problem: this seems to happen with any PDF file. As an example, you can try with the one available at http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1756/paper06.pdf. For example try to highlight the first paragraph of the Introduction section and then export the notes.

The problem seems to arise in any condition (no zoom, no reflow, etc.).

This seems to be a bug but, any ideas for possible workarounds?
sr1921 is offline   Reply With Quote