Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-01-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
Editing book

I am having trouble with a book opening on an iPad and it was suggested that I repair the book in Calibre. The book had been transferred to the iPad with CC, and would crash when I tried to open it with the Nook app. The same book had crashed when I tried to open it within the Nook app originally, which is why I tried moving it over with CC.

I went into the editor and tried to repair. The first type of error is where a font does not have the right name. I tell Calibre to fix it and it stays the same.

The error is
page_style1:css

The font family name specified in the CSS @font-face rule: "Shift Light" does not match the font name inside the actual font file: "Shift Bold Italic". This can cause problems in some viewers. You should change the CSS font name to match the actual font name.

I told Change the font name Shift Light to Shift Bold Italic everywhere, but nothing changed.

The second error I am even more lost in:

stylesheet.css (line: 87 column: 3)

This CSS construct is not recognized. That means that it most likely will not work on reader devices. Consider replacing it with something else.

Line 87 says this:
-webkit-text-fill-color: rgb(255, 102, 0);

I'm guessing the column 3 refers to the last number, but I don't know what to replace it with.

Last edited by tas03; 02-01-2018 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Left something out.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tas03 View Post

The second error I am even more lost in:

stylesheet.css (line: 87 column: 3)

This CSS construct is not recognized. That means that it most likely will not work on reader devices. Consider replacing it with something else.

Line 87 says this:
-webkit-text-fill-color: rgb(255, 102, 0);

I'm guessing the column 3 refers to the last number, but I don't know what to replace it with.
The second is fine (a warning) . -webkit are alternate styles for browser based viewers.

the first is also a warning.
Calibres editor Debug: offers to fix the font name. Select the message on the Left: The right offer suggestions. Just click the one that fixs ALL references to the font name. (uses internal name)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
I could fix the error so it won't crash, but I'd have to have the file.

To fix the font error, you have to manually enter the correct font name in the page_styles.css file in the entry that has the wrong font name.

You can delete the -webkit entry in the .css file (to get rid of the error message).

Neither of these two errors would cause the file to crash on the Nook.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote