Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
koboH2O
koboH2O began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O edition 2
Error in interface language. Support don´t fix it.

Hello to all the community.
I bought a kobo H2O Aura edition 2 (Firmware 4.6.9995) a few days ago, and in one of the texts on the index page, a translation error appears in Spanish.
Click image for larger version

Name:	index_page_kobo.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	160304

Appears LIBRI and the correct traslation is LIBROS
I restore the kobo, change to other languages, etc... but in support don´t fix the problem, only they ask me more and more data of the firmware version, where is locate the error, etc.

I have read in the forum how to modify the kobo software, and although I have knowledge in Linux Computers I do not understand how to access the interface language to fix it.

It is a great e-reader, but I do not understand these errors and they do not solve it.

Thank you for your support.
koboH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It's a wrong translation, contact Kobo and tell them of the problem, ‏and hopefully they will fix it in the next firmware release.

A way to fix it is by changing the translation file see Adding new interface languages.

Last edited by oren64; 11-30-2017 at 03:29 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
koboH2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
It's a wrong translation, contact Kobo and tell them of the problem, ‏and hopefully they will fix it in the next firmware release.

A way to fix it is by changing the translation file see Adding new interface languages.

Thank you, but this tutorial is very dificult for me or explanations are missing...
Old 11-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboH2O View Post
Hello to all the community.
I bought a kobo H2O Aura edition 2 (Firmware 4.6.9995) a few days ago, and in one of the texts on the index page, a translation error appears in Spanish.
Attachment 160304

Appears LIBRI and the correct traslation is LIBROS
I restore the kobo, change to other languages, etc... but in support don´t fix the problem, only they ask me more and more data of the firmware version, where is locate the error, etc.

I have read in the forum how to modify the kobo software, and although I have knowledge in Linux Computers I do not understand how to access the interface language to fix it.

It is a great e-reader, but I do not understand these errors and they do not solve it.
Sorry, but what else are they supposed to do? They need details of what the problem is to get it fixed. Those details will then be supplied to the developers to check and fix. Then when the fix has been made, the fix will be tested internally, tested with beta testers and then released to the public for use. And they will ask for the firmware version because maybe it has been fixed. Or to see if it is a new problem.

For a translation problem, a factory reset is probably overkill. But, changing languages to check what happens isn't unreasonable. I've seen plenty of problems over the years because loading a new language was handled badly and exactly what you saw after changing depended on the two languages involved.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:15 AM   #5
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
koboH2O,

Spoiler:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jrm4rg

try it
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2017, 02:07 AM   #6
koboH2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

For a translation problem, a factory reset is probably overkill. But, changing languages to check what happens isn't unreasonable.
Both solutions were proposed by technical support

Thanks Semwize, viewing the code you put, I think the first line is used for the singular and it's fine, the one that's wrong is the second one that is for the plural.
LIBRO -> singular
LIBROS -> plural

Do you fix the language in the file that you attach?
Old 12-01-2017, 02:11 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Both solutions were proposed by technical support

Thanks Semwize, viewing the code you put, I think the first line is used for the singular and it's fine, the one that's wrong is the second one that is for the plural.
LIBRO -> singular
LIBROS -> plural

You have to fix that string, and there's another wrong one for dictionaries, and later you have to generate a patch. As you can see, support can do nothing aside of opening an internal ticket for it to be resolved in the next firmware.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:14 AM   #8
koboH2O

Thank you Terisa de morgan
Old 12-01-2017, 02:21 AM   #9
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You have to fix that string, and there's another wrong one for dictionaries, and later you have to generate a patch.
I corrected

LIBRI -> LIBROS
Old 12-01-2017, 02:27 AM   #10
koboH2O

Many thanks Semwize, I´ll test it.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:37 AM   #11
koboH2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
I corrected

LIBRI -> LIBROS
Please, can you send me the TS file of the translation?
Old 12-01-2017, 02:51 AM   #12
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
TS file of the translation?
https://www.sendspace.com/file/c7a3gb

There more errors?
Old 12-01-2017, 04:17 AM   #13
koboH2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
I don know. I want to test it.
Thank you very much!
Old 12-01-2017, 04:52 AM   #14
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Thank you, but this tutorial is very dificult for me or explanations are missing...
Try Pipcat method https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=82
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:30 AM   #15
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
You might want to change the language to 'Español (México)', the mistake is not present there. There are, obviously, some regional differences (Configuración --> Ajustes, Quedan X horas --> X horas restantes etc.).
I remember seeing a translation mistake in Italian in a old firmware version, I signaled it to the customer service and it was fixed in the following release. So you should do that as well.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote