Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Hiding toolbar icons - can you?

Not sure where to post the part of this that will be a suggestion ... meanwhile:

Is there any way to hide some of the icons on the toolbar? There are several I never use (and never will use). I'd really, really like to be able to get rid of these, if only visually) to make room for the plugins that overrun onto the second row of the icon bar at my preferred Calibre interface size. At the moment I have removed the text so the extra icons will fit, which works, but ideally I'd like to be able to remove the extraneous ones to de-clutter my toolbar to my liking. Also, and/or alternatively, is there any way to move the order of the icons, so that the ones I DON'T want are at the end and are the ones that overlap? And that way I could put the ones I use all the time to the beginning of the bar. e.g. the beating heart - which continues to beat even though I've made a donation.

If neither of the above options is possible, may I please suggest that goes on the requested features list - if there is one.
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods7070 View Post
Not sure where to post the part of this that will be a suggestion ... meanwhile:

Is there any way to hide some of the icons on the toolbar? There are several I never use (and never will use). I'd really, really like to be able to get rid of these, if only visually) to make room for the plugins that overrun onto the second row of the icon bar at my preferred Calibre interface size. At the moment I have removed the text so the extra icons will fit, which works, but ideally I'd like to be able to remove the extraneous ones to de-clutter my toolbar to my liking. Also, and/or alternatively, is there any way to move the order of the icons, so that the ones I DON'T want are at the end and are the ones that overlap? And that way I could put the ones I use all the time to the beginning of the bar. e.g. the beating heart - which continues to beat even though I've made a donation.

If neither of the above options is possible, may I please suggest that goes on the requested features list - if there is one.
Preferences: toolbar

Remember there are more than 1, depending on wether the device is connected or not.

You can also reduce things to just the text

and don't delete 'Location Manager' if you want to browse in device view (thats the one that puts up the Device and Card icons when connected)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Preferences > Toolbar

Note that there is a different toolbar when the device is attached; you need to change them individually.

Too slow again.

Last edited by GeckoFriend; 06-04-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Typed too slow
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
Preferences >need to change them individually.

Too slow again.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preferences: toolbar

and don't delete 'Location Manager' if you want to browse in device view (thats the one that puts up the Device and Card icons when connected)
Now that's just embarrassing - - I couldn't see the woods for the trees, it seems. I do know I looked! And was very surprised not to find! Thanks Ducks.
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert