Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #76
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The next release (0.8.3) is going to have a new feature which will be very handy for the whole DRM issue. It's a store chooser dialog that can be accessed from the "Get books" tool item or from the search dialog. It gives a list of all stores, various information about them, and allows you to enable or disable the store. A disabled store will not appear on the right hand side of the search dialog. One of the pieces of information is the DRM stance of the store. Stores that do not use DRM at all are marked as such. This is just general for the stores itself. Per search result DRM status is still returned in the search.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #77
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The next release (0.8.3) is going to have a new feature which will be very handy for the whole DRM issue. It's a store chooser dialog that can be accessed from the "Get books" tool item or from the search dialog. It gives a list of all stores, various information about them, and allows you to enable or disable the store. A disabled store will not appear on the right hand side of the search dialog. One of the pieces of information is the DRM stance of the store. Stores that do not use DRM at all are marked as such. This is just general for the stores itself. Per search result DRM status is still returned in the search.
Nice add.

Being able to disable a store and completely remove it will be a good thing as this list grows.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #78
bmn001
bmn001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Could you add [pirate site] to the list of sources? I get a lot of books for my kids there.

edit: Looks like it has an API too [pirate site]

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-25-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Deleted links to a pirate ebook site
bmn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #79
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmn001 View Post
Could you add [pirate site] to the list of sources? I get a lot of books for my kids there.

edit: Looks like it has an API too [pirate site]
The API isn't very helpful for "Get books". However, [pirate site] does have an OPDS feed which is very helpful. Currently their search for the feed is broken. I've reported it to them and when they get it fixed I can start adding support for it.

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-25-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Deleted links to a pirate ebook site
Old 06-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #80
friz
friz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650 Touch
I used to buy almost all my physical books at The Book depository.
They also have ebooks and over 11,000 free books
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/category/3390/eBooks
friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #81
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I'm using Calibre 0.8.4, and it no longer seems to search Amazon or Barnes and Noble for books, although it works with Gutenberg, Baen, Manybooks and others.

Yes, the checkboxes are checked.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #82
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
I'm using Calibre 0.8.4, and it no longer seems to search Amazon or Barnes and Noble for books, although it works with Gutenberg, Baen, Manybooks and others.
Thanks for reporting this JMikeD. B&N has changed their site, again. I haven't looked at Amazon but both will be working for 0.8.5.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #83
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@user_none: The Amazon UK search is returning a physical book as an ebook. I did a search on author:"Stanley Marianski", and it returns: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0982426739. Which is, unfortunately, a dead tree book. They haven't put their books in digitial format yet except for Meat Smoking and Smokehouse Design (and its two subcomponents.)
Old 06-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #84
user_none

@CRussel, I'll let Chaley know as he maintains that one.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #85
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@CRussel: This problem was fixed in 0.8.4. At least it works for me. I see only Meat Smoking and Smokehouse Design.

Are you running 0.8.4?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #86
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@CRussel: This problem was fixed in 0.8.4. At least it works for me. I see only Meat Smoking and Smokehouse Design.

Are you running 0.8.4?
Yes, running 0.8.4.

See Attachment. (And yes, I know the google books ones are just wrong. But that's a different problem.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_02.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	72451  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #87
user_none

I'll look into Google Books.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #88
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@CRussel: my apologies. I was confused. The changes I made were merged into calibre the day after the 0.8.4 release. The attachment shows what it now finds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	497
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	72454  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #89
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Any update on whether books on board can be added to the list?
Love this feature, I use it all the time now.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #90
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Any update on whether books on board can be added to the list?
It cannot. BoB has recently changed their website and all search results are dynamically loaded via javascript. This makes scraping very difficult. They also do not provide any other means of accessing their book listing (OPDS feed for example) so scraping is the only way to get the data.

Tags
calibre, plugin, store, theanarchistlibrary