Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #1
Suzb007
Suzb007 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle app on Ipad
ePub to Mobi for Kindle app on Ipad

Hi
I have read through several threads and haven't found a solution that has worked for my ePub file. I purchased an ebook on Google Play, thinking converting the file to read in the Kindle app on my Ipad would be an easy 1-2-3. Unfortunately it has been more of a challenge than I anticipated. I've tried several online conversion tools but this ePub is 123mb so too large for most of these sites to handle.

I have used the Kindle Previewer to convert from ePub to Mobi and it appears in the Kindle Previewer perfectly, however, I can't email directly to my @kindle email address as the file is too large. Uploading to dropbox & then downloading into the Kindle app hasn't worked and connecting via usb to download directly is only an option for a Kindle device but not the app on Ipad.

I've also tried changing the file extension from .epub to .png but once again the file is too large to directly send to my @kindle email and uploading from my computer hasn't worked.

I am open to any additional suggestions. I haven't tried Kindlegen, would this conversion option be different from using the Kindle Previewer? REALLY appreciate any recommendations from folks more tech savvy than I am.

Last edited by Suzb007; 11-09-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Please delete post from this forum - should be in Apple Devices forum
Suzb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Transfer it via iTunes. Connect your iPad to your PC. Run iTunes. Select “File Sharing”. Click on the Kindle App in the list of apps that will accept files, and just drag and drop the Mobi file from Windows Explorer onto the Kindle App.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzb007 View Post
I have used the Kindle Previewer to convert from ePub to Mobi and it appears in the Kindle Previewer perfectly, however, I can't email directly to my @kindle email address as the file is too large. Uploading to dropbox & then downloading into the Kindle app hasn't worked

I check epubs at work, and one of the things I do regularly is convert them to mobi via Kindle Previewer 3.0, upload them to Dropbox, and then export from my Dropbox to the Kindle app on an iPad. I've never had a problem doing so. What error are you seeing?
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I would suggest that you sideload it using iTunes. Kindlegen and previewer should do the same outcome if they are equivalent versions.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:13 PM   #5
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
I use iBooks for all my Epub files. It works seem-less for me. I allow Cloud access to them and iBooks will sync the book across all my iDevices.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, kindle, kindle app, mobi, mobi conversion