Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
acdjkz
acdjkz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Help restoring diags_kernel and partition

Hello fellow hacklers!

I'm reaching to you in despair after sort of bricking my 2 day old Kindle Voyage.

After successfully rooting through serial method (fw5.9.2.0.1) I didn't manage to get the JB going and so decided to downgrade and formatted the eMMC to start fresh . I was unaware that parts of the OS were only written once in-factory (diags_kernel/partition).

After reading pretty much every thread on this forum regarding the subject I managed to restore (and downgrade 5.9.2.0.1 -> 5.5.0) both the kernel and rootfs (using KindleTool + google's official standalone adb/fastboot OSX package + factory 5.5.0 image)

I managed to find diags_kernel/partition dumps for other kindle versions on https://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/ (and actually tried to load them) but unamazingly didn’t work as "bootm 0xE41000" does not find a kernel.

Could someone with a KV please image and share diags_kernel and diags partition?
It can easily be done using the instructions in the forum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...03#post3569803

Any help would be appreciated!
acdjkz is offline   Reply With Quote