Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #16
sbtx99
Zealot
sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi; Red PRS-650; iPod Touch; Android phone
Purchase and download the latest bestsellers and new releases from Reader Store

Well, their Reader Store mobile version is up and running already. At least for purchases. From my iPod Touch browser, I was able to log into my account and added a book to my cart. I then logged in and completed the purchase on my Android phone. You can't access your library or download to your mobile device until the apps become available, but you can view account info and make purchases.
sbtx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #17
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Whooo hooo so this means I can read my current sony library on my Ipod Touch? and presumably, they'd come up with an App for the IPAD? this was something that was holding me back from buying an IPAD, I really didn't want to lose all my books. I knew I could strip the DRM but I'm not techie and didn't want to chance it.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #18
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
We don't actually know this yet. A lot of ePub have margins set in them. So this could be the margins set in that ePub on the screen. We just have to wait and see. But I do hope we don't have preset stupid margins like iBooks and the Kindle App. The Kindle App actually has larger margins then iBooks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
If the software works the same way as on the Sony PRS-650, you can go to page layout and choose a screen layout that has text going edge to edge on the screen.
The margin removal, on the 650, is only available for PDF, right?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #19
sbtx99
Zealot
sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
The margin removal, on the 650, is only available for PDF, right?
I've used it with epubs, too.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #20
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Great news, though I find I rarely buy ebooks from the Sony Store and on my Droid X FBReader and Aldiko work just fine for epub. Kindle app works great for Amazon purchases.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #21
sbtx99
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOECHICK View Post
Whooo hooo so this means I can read my current sony library on my Ipod Touch? and presumably, they'd come up with an App for the IPAD? this was something that was holding me back from buying an IPAD, I really didn't want to lose all my books. I knew I could strip the DRM but I'm not techie and didn't want to chance it.
You could do that now with the Bluefire Reader app for DRM'd epubs.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #22
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Sweet! About time Is it only books purchased and downloaded directly from Reader Store and not just any book in your Reader Library?
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #23
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtx99 View Post
You could do that now with the Bluefire Reader app for DRM'd epubs.
I was just reading about that and txtr....going home to play
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #24
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I'm astonished it has taken them this long to get around to this, but, hey ... they are here now. It's seemed like a huge hole in their, erm, strategy to date.
Given their switch to epub a while ago, the issue for me always seemed more like a lack of support for ade on those other devices rather than a problem with sony itself since their main focus was selling hardware rather than making money from books whereas these apps will do the opposite if there is any page synching since only one of sony's own models would be able to work with it.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #25
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
According to Sony Customer Support, this service will be available 'early next week' i.e., around 6 December.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #26
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
According to Sony Customer Support, this service will be available 'early next week' i.e., around 6 December.
It's good to have a target date. Thanks
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #27
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I went on the Sony website today on my iPhone to search for a book, and it's not been optimized for the iPhone. Way awesome!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #28
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I went on the Sony website today on my iPhone to search for a book, and it's not been optimized for the iPhone. Way awesome!
The website, right?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #29
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
The website, right?
Yup yup! Really nice interface, although I didn't try to buy any books. I'm wondering if I can redownload a title that I bought that's corrupted (crashes my reader and the software) and maybe now it's been fixed (been to lazy to email Sony).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #30
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
But you still can't download books from your library to your iPhone. Supposedly, you'll be able to do that later this month; possibly this coming week.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote