Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #26656
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
If any of them are in audio format then I would love them.

Currently listening to Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell. I admit these first in the series are not PI on several things. The main thing I have a problem with is the smoking everywhere. But that is only because I have recently quit smoking and it makes me think about cigarettes and then I want one lol.

Currently reading Slay Bells Ring (Caprice De Luca Home Staging Mystery #7).

And I have reached my reading goal for the year. Included in the goal is listened and read books for a total of 370. My goal was 365 books. I hope to hit 400 by end of year.

I don't know if they are, since I rarely listen to audio books, with the exception of OTR (Old Time Radio).
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #26657
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
If any of them are in audio format then I would love them.

Currently listening to Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell. I admit these first in the series are not PI on several things. The main thing I have a problem with is the smoking everywhere. But that is only because I have recently quit smoking and it makes me think about cigarettes and then I want one lol.

And I have reached my reading goal for the year. Included in the goal is listened and read books for a total of 370. My goal was 365 books. I hope to hit 400 by end of year.
Congratulations on the quitting smoking. You will soon find you have more of the green stuff.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #26658
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I just loaded my ENTIRE Shell Scott PI ebooks onto my Kindle, in preparation to reading them again.

These are by Richard S. Prather.

If you're tired of having to be constantly reading politically correct ebooks - and want a good laugh, to boot - then these PI [private investigator] novels might be your PI [politically incorrect] cup of tea!

These are better than Ed Noon for zaniness.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR LAUGHS AND OUTRIGHT LUDICROUSNESS!
Thanks for the reco, Dr. Drib! Added to my shopping list for new year!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #26659
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
. But that is only because I have recently quit smoking and it makes me think about cigarettes and then I want one lol.

Congrats on quitting smoking. I quit 48 years ago and have never regretted it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #26660
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I finally got Seveneves done. Now I am on The Rooster Bar. Really good so far. My first novel by this arthur
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #26661
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
Congrats on quitting smoking. I quit 48 years ago and have never regretted it.
That is great. Will be 11 years on January 16, 2018 for me.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:07 AM   #26662
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Started The Nakano Thrift Shop (translated from the Japanese) in paperback and am listening to Sylvie and Bruno Concluded.
Finished The Nakano Thrift Shop on Wednesday, and started Tinkers in paperback. Still listening to Sylvie and Bruno Concluded.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #26663
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
That is great. Will be 11 years on January 16, 2018 for me.
I don't drink and have never smoked, but I'm overweight. That's kind of my nemesis, to lose weight.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #26664
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
I just loaded my ENTIRE Shell Scott PI ebooks onto my Kindle, in preparation to reading them again.

If you're tired of having to be constantly reading politically correct ebooks - and want a good laugh, to boot - then these PI [private investigator] novels might be your PI [politically incorrect] cup of tea!

Do I need to read these in order or is random fine?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:00 AM   #26665
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I don't drink and have never smoked, but I'm overweight. That's kind of my nemesis, to lose weight.
I have no help there as at one point in my life, I was severely underweight. This came mostly from drinking, smoking and eating every three days.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:55 AM   #26666
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Just finished reading Ann Leckie's Imperial Radch series: Ancillary Justice; Ancillary Sword; & Ancillary Mercy. I wasn't planning to do a binge read of these, but once I got started, I just couldn't put them down. A solid 4 stars for the series as a whole, with the final book in the series a full 5 stars. Impressive, and unexpected.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #26667
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
I'm into my Christmas reading now and nearing the end of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens for the umpteeth time.

Also finishing up the last few stories in the Dreamtime Dragon Anthology edited by Nils Visser, which I highly recommend to all dragon fiction fans.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #26668
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
Do I need to read these in order or is random fine?

Not at all.

Any order is fine. Many of the earlier ones are zanier and crazier than the later ones, but they can be read in any order.

You have to remember these simple facts: Shell Scott is a man whom women want. No woman can resist him. And Shell Scott wants every woman.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:15 PM   #26669
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Just finished reading Ann Leckie's Imperial Radch series: Ancillary Justice; Ancillary Sword; & Ancillary Mercy. I wasn't planning to do a binge read of these, but once I got started, I just couldn't put them down. A solid 4 stars for the series as a whole, with the final book in the series a full 5 stars. Impressive, and unexpected.
I know, right? Her latest, Provenance, is set in the same universe, but is unrelated to the trilogy. I am looking forward to reading more from her.

Last night, I finished listening to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince; I am still waiting for the last book to become available at the library, so I will have to listen to other things until then.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #26670
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

I don't know if I make them all, but I did pick most of them up when One Road had their free for all on Amazon.com. I'll have to see if I have the first one and if so, have a read after I convert it to ePub.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-10-2017 at 05:59 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote