Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
Franky
Nameless Being

Can't load a simple website

Hi, suddenly my browsers are crashing. I tried different browsers and they do the same. It starts downloading a page and when it is sowhat 90% done the browser crashes. Every browser, many websides, but not all. fow instance blick.ch or telegraaf.nl is not possible anymore. Mobileread is not a problem.
Many websites it can't handle anymore and other it can. I did check my settings and I can't find anything wrong there.

Entourage Edge
Android 2.2.1
Kernel 2.6.34 Buildmaster Zeke #1
Build nr Ermine-0.9

Any hints?
Old 08-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
My Kindle crashes on many sites too.

These devices have ancient browsers and low RAM, they cannot handle the strain of modern websites.
Javascript makes everything better, right?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:41 AM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Franky!
I have no hints, just commiseration. My EE browser seems to be working on fewer websites now, too. Of course, I have Javascript turned off to keep it from crashing, so there's a lot of content I can't get because of that. I just figure the poor thing is getting old and try another website. Wikipedia still works, and Google search, so I can look things up when I'm reading.
Wish I had some actual help to offer!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:24 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Additionally, if available, go for the mobile sites.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote