Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-26-2017, 12:54 AM   #16
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
AlanHK...So I guess this "colon" problem will remain forever unfixable. Either that or someone could perhaps write a Sigil check & repair plugin for this annoying problem.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:12 AM   #17
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
AlanHK...So I guess this "colon" problem will remain forever unfixable. Either that or someone could perhaps write a Sigil check & repair plugin for this annoying problem.
It's an easy fix, my simple S&R does it (at least, for those with the digit problem, but that is the only kind of "invalid" id I've ever seen in the wild). But you have to understand what the ****ing error message means first.

I can't see any reason not have Sigil automatically adjust IDs on opening, as it fixes other problems when you open a non-conforming file with much more drastic changes.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2017, 01:55 AM   #18
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Just found another file with the numeric id problem:
Imported from a KF8 using the KindleImport plugin, and every file had code like this:

<body id="7629">

Which of course caused epubcheck to give the same "without colons" message.

the toc.ncx was fine though, it had

<navPoint id="np_4" playOrder="4">
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #19
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@AlanHK...I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but I've been working on a new plugin that properly checks, reports and, if possible, fixes id attributes and book id errors in the epub. It does the following:

* Checks all id attributes in the xhtml files, opf and ncx.
* Automatically fixes simple problems like illegal spaces or illegal first char digit errors.
* Replaces any bad book ids with correct book ids in the toc.ncx and content.opf.
* Reports all id errors with an accurate reason.
* Reports if the id error has been fixed or not.

Please be aware that I'm testing this plugin right now which still has one strange bug -- if there is an error in the toc.ncx only, the error line number reporting may be inaccurate the first time you run the plugin on an epub. But if you run the plugin a second time, the line numbering will usually be correct. I haven't released this plugin on MR yet because of this bug. Also, if you do use the plugin below, some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Please read the README.html file in the in the zip file or plugin dir for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ReportIDErrors_010.zip (28.0 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by slowsmile; 10-13-2017 at 08:05 PM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote