Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
codrutoctavian
Enthusiast
codrutoctavian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Mac ebook library and adobe digital editions

Now that official support for Mac exists and we have eBookLibrary 3.0 for Mac, how to authorize the reader (in my case a PRS-505) on Mac? Adding ADE pdfs to the reader means still simply copying the pdf files to the reader memory?

Thanks
codrutoctavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I thought I read that the new library eliminates the need for ADE, that you can authorize through the Sony software and then use it to copy over books just like you do with LRF/LRX titles. Is that not the case?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I must say I'm somewhat unclear. The library seems to indicate that it will authorise the books but then goes on to say you need ADE. In which case why use the Library?

As far as I can make out (and I may be wrong) when you buy a book you effectively download a link file. Clicking on that then starts ADE which gets the book. Once it's an epub book, ie after you've got it into ADE, you can tehn import it into the Sony Library software.

But wasn't that the case with version 2?

H
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
As far as I can make out (and I may be wrong) when you buy a book you effectively download a link file. Clicking on that then starts ADE which gets the book. Once it's an epub book, ie after you've got it into ADE, you can tehn import it into the Sony Library software.

But wasn't that the case with version 2?
It's not something I ever tried with version 2, but I've just installed ADE on my home PC for the first time, and transferred the ADE books from my installation at work, and they came in fine. I then upgraded the Sony software to V3, and did a File|Import Folder|MyDocuments/MyDigitalEditions, and it brought everything into the Sony library. I'm still not clear if I really need ADE on here anymore, but its not doing any harm, and I have all my books consolidated.

NOTE: I'm using Windows XP, not a Mac.
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote