Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
hayden
hayden began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Does KOReader work on keyboard based Kindle Devices now?

This has been asked several times in the past to which the response has always been "KOReader doesn't support non-touch devices."

However, on the KOReader Kindle Installation Instructions page (which was last updated 25 days ago) it says:
"KOReader can be installed on all jailbroken Kindle devices."

So does it work on older devices such as the Kindle Keyboard now or not? It's hard to tell. I do have it install on my Kindle Keyboard at this point, however, I can't find instructions on how to use it once I've launched it. Everything says to touch the screen to launch options, but obviously I don't have a touch screen.

Thanks for the help!
hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It may be a bit rough around the edges, but it should nonetheless be mostly usable (provided you're using a recent nightly, might I add), with the DPad as your main navigation tool.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2018, 08:56 PM   #3
hayden
hayden began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
(provided you're using a recent nightly, might I add)
Ah, I didn't realize that I had to use the non-stable version for proper support. This helped a lot--thank you!
hayden is offline   Reply With Quote