Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-17-2024, 04:55 AM   #1
mistle
mistle began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Manga auto crop & fit to width strange behaviour

Hi!

When I set a .cbz manga file to auto crop and fit content to page width, it doesn’t apply to every page. It seems random to me which pages it will successfully crop, and which it will leave as a full page. Is there a way to get it working consistently? I’ve tried multiple different manga.

Strange also is that when I click “semi auto”, the margins are drawn correctly. But when I click apply, nothing happens.

“Reflowing” the document is a work around that I’ve been using in the meantime, however I noticed it messes with the contrast/gamma. Bonus question, is there a way to disable that aspect of it?
mistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 07:49 AM   #2
mistle
mistle began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Just an update (can't edit my post sorry).

The .cbz files I referred to in the OP were converted with KCC, to the exact Libra 2 resolution (1264x168)
I tried converting again, but this time to a bigger resolution but same ratio (1817x2415), and for whatever reason this has fixed the issue! There's still some hiccups, where it'll crop one side of the page but not the other, but it is much more consistent than before. I'd say about 90% of pages crop properly now, whereas before it was about 50%.

The oddity still persists where if I choose semi-auto on a page where only one side has been cropped, it'll correctly show margins on both sides. But clicking apply has no effect.
mistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2024, 11:02 AM   #3
hugleo
hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistle View Post
Just an update (can't edit my post sorry).

The .cbz files I referred to in the OP were converted with KCC, to the exact Libra 2 resolution (1264x168)
I tried converting again, but this time to a bigger resolution but same ratio (1817x2415), and for whatever reason this has fixed the issue! There's still some hiccups, where it'll crop one side of the page but not the other, but it is much more consistent than before. I'd say about 90% of pages crop properly now, whereas before it was about 50%.

The oddity still persists where if I choose semi-auto on a page where only one side has been cropped, it'll correctly show margins on both sides. But clicking apply has no effect.
For resolution, maybe you were facing this problem: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/11304

You can work around the semi-auto crop problem by setting Koreader margins to 0.

For autocrop, I assume this problem was solved in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/11540. You need to get the nightly version or wait for the next stable version. You can also work around autocrop by setting the document's margins to 0.
hugleo is offline   Reply With Quote