Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
himmelbjerget
himmelbjerget began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ploblem finding the right spot to touch on KT

I have ONE problem with touch: Can't hit the right spot when I seek.

Here goes:
I read a comic.
Activate search.
Hit "This book" and choose "Dictionary"
Then I type a word to search for.
Then I hit "Go"
And more than half of the times it doesn't work. I can't hit the right "GO" spot.
I know it sounds funny, but I'm a little frustrated. And I don't want to make a frisbee out of my Touch allready.

Anyone else?

Himmelbjerget
himmelbjerget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
IMO they messed up a little with the way search works. If you have typed a search string, and then you bring the search options dialog up, and make a selection, it should initiate search without one having to touch the Go button. But of course that is not the way it works.

I haven't had this problem, but maybe it would work better if you bring the search options dialog and select Dictionary there before typing a search string.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'comic'. Does it matter what type of book you are reading?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
himmelbjerget
himmelbjerget began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi tomsem
I read Doonesbury. I think the GO-button is more difficult to hit in comic strips. There is no problem in ordinary books.
himmelbjerget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why are you posting about the Kobo Touch in the Amazon forum?

Yes, KT = Kobo Touch as it came out before the Kindle Touch. So using the term KT does mean Kobo Touch.

AKT = Amazon Kindle Touch.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Yes, KT = Kobo Touch as it came out before the Kindle Touch. So using the term KT does mean Kobo Touch.

Would you stop already.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Moderator Notice
Stop this RIGHT NOW. You presumably think you're being terribly amusing. The rest of the world thinks you're being very, very annoying.

Stop it NOW.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmelbjerget View Post
I have ONE problem with touch: Can't hit the right spot when I seek.

Here goes:
I read a comic.
Activate search.
Hit "This book" and choose "Dictionary"
Then I type a word to search for.
Then I hit "Go"
And more than half of the times it doesn't work. I can't hit the right "GO" spot.
I know it sounds funny, but I'm a little frustrated. And I don't want to make a frisbee out of my Touch allready.

Anyone else?

Himmelbjerget
Just press the "<Enter>" key on the keyboard. Does the same thing as pressing the "Go" button, and much easier.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote