Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-04-2022, 09:04 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
New display elements: what do they mean?

Using the calibre 6.8 Editor, I noticed 2 new display elements within Check Book which I did not noticed before in previous versions (attachment: right = old, left = new).
What do they mean? Clicking on them seems to do nothing.

UPDATE: Those 4 squares seems to be present in other panes too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	evidence2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	197518   Click image for larger version

Name:	evidence1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	197519  
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:13 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
From the calibre- What's new:

Quote:
Book details panel: Allow adjusting the space used by the cover with a splitter

Closes tickets: 1994065
Make splitter handles more visible in the calibre UI style
bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Using the calibre 6.8 Editor, I noticed 2 new display elements within Check Book which I did not noticed before in previous versions (attachment: right = old, left = new).
What do they mean? Clicking on them seems to do nothing.

UPDATE: Those 4 squares seems to be present in other panes too.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2022, 09:27 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, that figures
Old 11-04-2022, 09:38 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't think we really need these squares.

I've never once thought "It would be nice to make the UI look more clutters by trying to make the splitter handles more visible". I've been using Calibre since it was LibPRS500.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:53 AM   #5
DrChiper
Bookish

It seems to be initiated by Ownedbycats, and according Kovid:
Quote:
This is not worth the effort for me personally. If some one else wants to implement it, I will be happy to supply any needed guidance. If so, re-open the ticket and we can discuss it.
No indication why it passed Kovids initial verdict.
Advert
Old 11-04-2022, 09:54 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've never once thought "It would be nice to make the UI look more clutters by trying to make the splitter handles more visible". I've been using Calibre since it was LibPRS500.
In contrast, I have thought for years that splitter handles should be discoverable. Handles in the "light theme" (and before there was a light theme) were invisible, at least on windows. In the "dark theme" the handles were visible, showing small boxes. All this change does is make the two themes act the same.

If you don't like then then use the system theme instead of the calibre theme. Or submit changed code to Kovid.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:54 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
It seems to be initiated by Ownedbycats, and according Kovid:

No indication why it passed Kovids initial verdict.
Because of me.

And FWIW: ownedbycats asked for a splitter in book details, not that the dots be visible. But they run in dark theme so the dots *were* visible.
Old 11-04-2022, 10:05 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
In contrast, I have thought for years that splitter handles should be discoverable. Handles in the "light theme" (and before there was a light theme) were invisible, at least on windows. In the "dark theme" the handles were visible, showing small boxes. All this change does is make the two themes act the same.

If you don't like then then use the system theme instead of the calibre theme. Or submit changed code to Kovid.
But changed code would be to remove the code that was put in. Can't this just be an option?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:06 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But changed code would be to remove the code that was put in. Can't this just be an option?
Not one implemented by me.