Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-11-2022, 01:20 PM   #46
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
other Store Sales -- other stores offering their version of Prime Early Access Sale -- YMMV
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:28 PM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Best Buy kicks off the holidays with exclusive member perks

Quote:
By Best Buy October 10, 2022

It’s time to cue up the carols and get out those twinkle lights! The holidays are here, and whether you’re shopping in a store, on BestBuy.com or through our app, we’re here to help make shopping at Best Buy easier than ever. All while bringing you tons of great savings throughout the season.

Holiday calendar at a glance

This year, we’re bringing shoppers good tidings and great prices, with plenty of chances to score Black Friday deals before the main event in November.

Starting today, Oct. 10, and running through the end of December, we’re hosting Member Mondays almost every week. That means Best Buy Totaltech™ and My Best Buy® members will have exclusive access to some of our hottest deals of the season. Plus, on select Mondays, Totaltech members will have exclusive access to some hard-to-find holiday gifts.

As a reminder, Totaltech members have access to exclusive deals every day, all year long and My Best Buy members will have opportunities to score exclusive deals throughout the holiday season.

Starting tomorrow, Oct. 11, we’re hosting a 48-hour Flash Sale, with hundreds of deals on your favorite tech, like TVs, headphones, smartphones and more. Here’s a sneak peek:

* Save up to $600 on select Windows laptops

* Save $150 on MacBook Air laptops with Apple M2 chip, plus more great deals on Apple products

* $999.99 for Sony 55-inch OLED 4K Smart Google TV (Save $900)

* $269 for Bose 700 Wireless Noise Cancelling Over-the-Ear Headphones (Save $110)

* $149.99 for Beats Studio³ Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones (Save $200)

* $69.99 for Amazon Echo Show 8 (Save $60)
Advert
Old 10-11-2022, 01:31 PM   #48
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Unfortunately, you're not eligible for Prime Early Access Amazon Gift Card Deals, but other great offers await!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:35 PM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Target Ushers in Black Friday Deals Available Now

Quote:
With Major Savings Continuing All Season Long

MINNEAPOLIS - October 10, 2022

Weeklong Black Friday Deals are available now through Thanksgiving Week, featuring big savings up to 50% off or more across new and trending items for gifting and gathering, as well as everyday essentials

Guest-favorite Deal of the Day returns, featuring deep one-day discounts on top brands like Apple, KitchenAid, Nintendo and more with Black Friday pricing now through December

Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) today announced its biggest savings of the season starts three weeks earlier than last year with Weeklong Black Friday Deals and the return of the popular Deal of the Day. Both weekly and daily deals are available to shop now and feature the retailer’s best planned prices for the holiday season on the most popular national brands and only-at-Target exclusive brands. Whether searching for the perfect on-trend gift, hosting a holiday celebration, or stocking up on everyday essentials, guests will find incredible prices up to 50% off or more across must-have toys and games, electronics, kitchen appliances, and more.

“We know our guests are eager to start their holiday shopping and Target is here to help – and help them save big, whether that’s on gifts that family and friends are sure to love or stocking up on all the essentials for a season filled with festive gatherings,” said Christina Hennington, executive vice president and chief growth officer, Target. “By making our Black Friday deals available even earlier this year, and bringing back our popular Deal of the Day, we’re giving guests even more reasons to choose Target for everything they want and need this holiday season.”

more...
Old 10-11-2022, 01:44 PM   #50
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

This is getting ridiculous. Target is already calling this the start of Black Friday.

Give it a bit more time and folks will be saying: "you mean Black Friday used to start the day after Thanksgiving and only lasted three days?"

Advert
Old 10-11-2022, 01:53 PM   #51
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This is getting ridiculous. Target is already calling this the start of Black Friday.

Give it a bit more time and folks will be saying: "you mean Black Friday used to start the day after Thanksgiving and only lasted three days?"

They’re going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. When people are used to perpetual Black Friday sales, where’s the impetus to buy now?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 02:20 PM   #52
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
They’re going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. When people are used to perpetual Black Friday sales, where’s the impetus to buy now?
Exactly!

This particular sale is so boring. The only thing I wanted was another GC deal and I wasn't eligible. Maybe something good will appear in the numerous Black Friday sales we have to look forward to in the coming months.

We've gone from Black Friday to Black Friday Week to Black Friday Multiple Weeks to Black Friday Month and now to Black Friday Quarter.

Soon it'll be Black Friday Year:

"Happy New Year and welcome to another Black Friday. Deals start today and end 31 Dec. Hurry and get your deals before they're gone."
Old 10-11-2022, 02:26 PM   #53
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
It is nice that Target will price match items bought between Oct 6 and Dec 24. So if you buy now and it goes on sale next week or next month you don't have to kick yourself for not waiting.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 02:55 PM   #54
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I did get the gift card, which was a Surprise. I hate the Christmas Season anyway and this just makes it worse.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:23 PM   #55
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I have 930 (!) items on my Camels list, and nothing has come up so far.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:37 PM   #56
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Well to be fair, inflation is so bad that "Black Friday" prices are just pre-inflation norms.

This "sale" was a total bust for me too.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:09 PM   #57
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I mostly use Prime for the free shipping and for Prime Video.
I have it mainly for the free shipping, easy returns and great customer service when I need it, but things like nickle and diming deals away from their dedicated customers makes me feel unvalued. The next time they raise the price of Prime subscriptions, I may say "You know what, Amazon's made it clear they hate me, so I think I'll go with Walmart+ instead. It even costs a lot less."

So preventing me from getting $10 - $20 of bonus credit a year may end up costing them $150+ money from me every year in perpetuity. (After it's raised again.) I seriously doubt I'm alone, and I'm sure Walmart will happily take advantage of Amazon's hubris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Well to be fair, inflation is so bad that "Black Friday" prices are just pre-inflation norms.

This "sale" was a total bust for me too.
Prime day was a complete joke too, totally worthless.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:28 PM   #58
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yep. One way I justified Prime was that the various deals for cash or near-cash equivalents were a significant offset to the cost of Prime. And given that I’m not buying much now anyway and the only real value of Prime to me is the free shipping plus music at Christmas, I’ll have to think hard about whether it’s worth reupping when my anniversary comes around sometime next year. The Black Friday deals will tell the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I have it mainly for the free shipping, easy returns and great customer service when I need it, but things like nickle and diming deals away from their dedicated customers makes me feel unvalued. The next time they raise the price of Prime subscriptions, I may say "You know what, Amazon's made it clear they hate me, so I think I'll go with Walmart+ instead. It even costs a lot less."
It's the no-delivery-fee for Amazon Fresh that guarantees my continued Prime membership; otherwise it's $10 each time. Another little perk that rarely gets mentioned is the 5% cash back for Amazon and Audible purchases using an Amazon-branded credit card, as opposed to 3% on such purchases for non-Prime members.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 10:06 PM   #59
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
It's the no-delivery-fee for Amazon Fresh that guarantees my continued Prime membership; otherwise it's $10 each time. Another little perk that rarely gets mentioned is the 5% cash back for Amazon and Audible purchases using an Amazon-branded credit card, as opposed to 3% on such purchases for non-Prime members.
Unfortunately things like Amazon Fresh aren't available where I live, and probably never will be. The closest Whole Foods is nearly an hour away, and I have to drive fifteen minutes to get to the closest location to take returns. (I have to go to Knoxville once a month, so I time returns around that to avoid using extra gas.) I don't live in remote area, I'm just outside a small city, but it's not big enough for the big tech companies to care about. (Also no Uber/Lyft/etc.) I don't think Amazon's really thought about how that diminishes the value of Prime for customers in areas like this.

All that probably makes me pre-disposed to being annoyed about their being jerks about promotional credits. It's not like I'm raging mad about it, it's just kind of slowly eating away at how I feel about Amazon's service.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 12:40 AM   #60
alee
Connoisseur
alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I guess that Target decided that Black Friday sales should start the day after Canadian Thanksgiving, which was Monday.
alee is offline   Reply With Quote