Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-21-2022, 04:15 PM   #1
Kevin In CT
Kevin In CT began at the beginning.

Device: Nook GlowLight
Not Seeing Cover Art

Hi all, it's been quite awhile since I've been on here. I do have a question. For a reason I can't explain, I no longer see the cover art when I am in my Library. I just see a little stock thumbnail for all the books with part of the title below. I have a Samsung one modelSM-T230NU running Android 4.4.2. I've used Calibre from the get go with this so I am totally at a loss to make sense out of what has happened.

Thanks Guys!

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 04:28 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin In CT View Post
Hi all, it's been quite awhile since I've been on here. I do have a question. For a reason I can't explain, I no longer see the cover art when I am in my Library. I just see a little stock thumbnail for all the books with part of the title below. I have a Samsung one modelSM-T230NU running Android 4.4.2. I've used Calibre from the get go with this so I am totally at a loss to make sense out of what has happened.

Thanks Guys!

Kevin in CT
Are there books on the device that previously were on the device and did show covers? Because it sounds like the problem could be the epubs, but the device. It sounds like it is showing the title page of the epub rather than the cover.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2022, 05:02 PM   #3
Kevin In CT

Hi Zod, they all used to show, I've tried dropping files into different directories on the file tree but still no dice
Old 02-21-2022, 06:43 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin In CT View Post
Hi Zod, they all used to show, I've tried dropping files into different directories on the file tree but still no dice
Since it's a tablet, did you try installing other reading apps to see if the same problem happens?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:27 AM   #5
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Try converting epub to epubs in calibre and select No Default Cover. Then use calibre to side them on your nook. Your Cover art should show (this has always worked for me).
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2022, 04:32 PM   #6
Kevin In CT

Sorry I've not gotten back brgotr guys nut a hospital and rehab stint will do that!

I've tried all the suggestions offered here and none have made a bit of difference, the darn covers are still not showing up...sigh...