Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2021, 02:48 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell V8Pro; Kobo Aura One; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
The Sage doesn’t come with the stylus it’s just compatible with it
So, it comes with a stylus. It also comes with a sleepcover and a powercover. Yes, you'll have to pay extra for it, but they are available.

Another thing, finally USB-C! At this moment, the only device I have left that doesn't use USB-C is my One...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:56 AM   #17
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell V8Pro; Kobo Aura One; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
The kobo site has listed the Sage to be 500$. I put one on my cart and it is indeed 500$ US

the Libra 2 is 179$ US
Oh, that's a lot more expensive! Normally, the prices are equal (sales tax is always included in euro prices). Not sure I'd pay 500 euro for it, considering the Elipsa Pack is 400 euro...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2021, 02:57 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
The kobo site has listed the Sage to be 500$. I put one on my cart and it is indeed 500$ US

the Libra 2 is 179$ US
The Australian site lists $AU439.95 and $AU279.99 respectively. Your first price sounds more like the Elipsa. Unless they have a Sage package with the pen and cover like the Elipsa.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:01 AM   #19
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I don't know why eReader manufacturers have been playing games with 8GB, 32GB — the price for 32 GBs is not significantly higher.
One can only guess they are trying to save a few cents here and there, maybe the chipsets are cheaper too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
(I started a thread in the News forum, linking this thread and giving you credit. Thanks again for posting this.)
Damn, there goes my chance of winning lotto this year....
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:02 AM   #20
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
So, it comes with a stylus. It also comes with a sleepcover and a powercover. Yes, you'll have to pay extra for it, but they are available.
From Kobos site regarding the sleep and power covers.

Quote:
**Sold separately, not includeded
Buying additional products that work with a device does not make them come with the device. You are making several purchases at the same time.

Though I can’t find the power cover on Kobos site, just the sleep cover at the moment.

Found it https://us.kobobooks.com/products/ko...wercover-black apparently they’re sold out which I suspect is more that it’s coming later.

Last edited by MGlitch; 10-05-2021 at 03:08 AM.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2021, 03:03 AM   #21
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Why Libra began to weigh more, as much as 22 grams? What has changed?
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:06 AM   #22
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Australian site lists $AU439.95 and $AU279.99 respectively. Your first price sounds more like the Elipsa. Unless they have a Sage package with the pen and cover like the Elipsa.
Most probably wrong posting of price by kobo.

anyway, not sure if it is preorder or available already.

What's weird is that Sage and Libra 2 has buttons for adding to cart while other current ereaders do not have add to cart on my end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobosage.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	189513  
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:07 AM   #23
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Why Libra began to weigh more, as much as 22 grams? What has changed?
battery is bigger at 1500mAH

and to quote the techcrunch article:

"The new Sage and Libra 2 are definitely chunkier, with no extra-thin screen part, instead being as thick as thickest section all the way through. It’s a clean design in some ways and for all I know it may even be more comfortable to hold, but it’s already tough enough to find a pocket the Forma fits in. And it doesn’t help that both are about 20 percent heavier. While technically that only amounts to a few dozen grams and 3 or 4 millimeters, part of the draw of e-readers to begin with is that they are thin and light."

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 10-05-2021 at 03:20 AM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:11 AM   #24
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Not here...

https://us.kobobooks.com/products/ko..._campaign=Sage

At least not for me when I tested it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sage.png
Views:	185
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	189514  
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:11 AM   #25
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Most probably wrong posting of price by kobo.

anyway, not sure if it is preorder or available already.

What's weird is that Sage and Libra 2 has buttons for adding to cart while other current ereaders do not have add to cart on my end.
Try clearing your cache and cookies, the Sage displays at 259USD for me on its page and in the cart.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:15 AM   #26
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
The Sage was also $500 when I first added it to cart.

Check your URL, it's $500 if you're on gl.kobobooks.com and $259.99 on us.kobobooks.com. You also get the option of choosing Libra 2 colors on us.kobobooks.com.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:52 AM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Sage has a "PowerCover" that "delivers on-the-go charging". Interesting. Goes back to the original Kindle Oasis. But, doesn't split the battery between the two. But, the site doesn't have any specs to show the weight of the cover or the size of the battery in the cover.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:00 AM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The save top vs the Forma bottom. I like that the Sage is more flat.

Name:	Sage_Side.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	189515
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:09 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kobo US:
Libra 2 - $179.99
Sage - $259.99

Kobo UK:
Libra 2 - £159.99
Save - £249.99

Kobo AU:
Libra 2 - $279.99
Sage - $439.95

Kobo CA:
Libra 2 - $219.99
Sage- $299.99

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-05-2021 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:20 AM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon