Old 07-22-2022, 04:42 AM   #226
ferlanero
ferlanero began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Booxtor Edition - iLiad 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrat View Post
Hallo,
here my 2 cents about my setup of A5 Pro:
  • for Italian networks, I installed 4G Switcher from Aurora and selected LTE/UMTS auto (PRL) as preferred network
What are the supposed benefits of changing the GSM connection settings?

Quote:
  • as launcher AIO Launcher is perfect
Similar in concept to AIO is Olauncher Clutter Free, we are also working in make this app eink friendly (eg. minimizing animations, no icons only text, resizable text, only black and white colors...)

it's worth a try:

https://github.com/jooooscha/Olauncher

Quote:
  • app for calendar: Business Calendar 2 from Aurora
For calendar I use Simple Calendar Pro from F-Droid. It's really customizable as other Simple Mobile Tools.

Quote:
  • for email fairmail from GitHub, but I'm not happy with it, it's a good email app but not "eink" friendly
I'm agree with you, but still I have not been able to find any better.

Quote:
Now I would like to find a way to cancel chinese characters in calls management... Any hint?
Take a look at "Simple Contacts Pro" & "Simple Dialer" in F-Droid. Both combined completely replace the needed of any Chinese app for dialer in the A5 CC Pro.

At this point I also would like to add the best camera app I have been able to test on this phone Hedge Cam 2. Try on: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hedgecam/

Last edited by ferlanero; 07-22-2022 at 04:48 AM.
ferlanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 05:39 AM   #227
Markismus
Guru
Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, cracked OnyxNotePro, lots of cracked Kobo's
I ran into problems with Fairmail for the 2-step authentication that has been forced since May, iirc. Wasn't able to log in using an app password. So I switched to Edison mail.

I really like the simple dailer and contacts app: Great to be rid of the Chinese characters. Hedgecam is also a great improvement.

I use Etar and DAVx5 for calendar and contacts (together with OpenVPN to and Radicale on my homeserver.) Will give simple calendar a try, though.

For the launcher I am liking Niagara Launcher. However, I have configured Vision launcher and it will take some time to tune Niagara.

What I am irritated about is the Gallery app. I can't seem to find anything. [Italics]Does anyone know a better alternative?[/italics]
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2022, 06:28 PM   #228
ferlanero
ferlanero began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Booxtor Edition - iLiad 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I ran into problems with Fairmail for the 2-step authentication that has been forced since May, iirc. Wasn't able to log in using an app password. So I switched to Edison mail.

I really like the simple dailer and contacts app: Great to be rid of the Chinese characters. Hedgecam is also a great improvement.

I use Etar and DAVx5 for calendar and contacts (together with OpenVPN to and Radicale on my homeserver.) Will give simple calendar a try, though.

For the launcher I am liking Niagara Launcher. However, I have configured Vision launcher and it will take some time to tune Niagara.

What I am irritated about is the Gallery app. I can't seem to find anything. [Italics]Does anyone know a better alternative?[/italics]
For gallery app, try Camera Roll: GitHub - kollerlukas/Camera-Roll-Android-App: Simple Galley App for Android, with lovely Material Design. - https://github.com/kollerlukas/Camera-Roll-Android-App

Super customizable app very suitable for eink screens
ferlanero is offline   Reply With Quote