Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2016, 03:41 AM   #31
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina Schein View Post
The Firmware 4.2.8110 allready works on the »Kobo Glo HD« and the »Kobo Glo«.
If I understand correctly, the Kobo Glo HD is a Mark 6 hardware and Kobo Glo is Mark 4. The Firmware 4.2.8110 has been released for Mark 6 devices, so the Glo HD is ok, but are you sure the Mark 4 Kobo Glo has been successfully updated with this firmware, and it is working properly?

PS : I have a Mark 4 Glo, and wish to update it but I am hesitating to do so.

Last edited by drjd; 12-19-2016 at 03:43 AM.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:06 AM   #32
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2, Elipsa, Sage
dictionaries bug solved

I was very pleased that a very old (last time it was ok was F/W 3.15) and very annoying bug is corrected in this F/W: now, when the pop-up dictionary is not enough and I call a word from it (or call the dictionary from the menu bottom right), the language is that of the book, not systematically English like it was.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2016, 04:11 AM   #33
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I was very pleased that a very old (last time it was ok was F/W 3.15) and very annoying bug is corrected in this F/W: now, when the pop-up dictionary is not enough and I call a word from it (or call the dictionary from the menu bottom right), the language is that of the book, not systematically English like it was.
Thank you, it was a very annoying bug, yes.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:35 AM   #34
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
If I understand correctly, the Kobo Glo HD is a Mark 6 hardware and Kobo Glo is Mark 4. The Firmware 4.2.8110 has been released for Mark 6 devices, so the Glo HD is ok, but are you sure the Mark 4 Kobo Glo has been successfully updated with this firmware, and it is working properly?

The content of KoboRoot.tgz is the same for all models. The difference is in the content of the upgrade folder. So you would take only the KoboRoot.tgz. Even if you copy everything of the update package to .kobo, it should be safe, since the update mechanism is expected to accept only those files of the upgrade folder that are appropriate for your model. But I would not do it (EDIT: especially with older models Touch/Mini/Glo there might arise problems).

Last edited by tshering; 12-20-2016 at 07:18 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:38 AM   #35
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Yes it's right. The new firmware for the Aura One already works on our H2O, GloHD and the first Glo.
However, for installation in these models only the archive KoboRoot.tgz can be copied to the hidden directory .kobo.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2016, 07:04 AM   #36
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Sorry guys, but if the battery problems were caused by a software issue, we should see it also in a H2O or in a Glo HD with this new firmware installed.
Am i wrong? Perhaps someone who put 4.2.8110 in these devices could tell me something more...

Thanks
erikssenmar867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:35 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikssenmar867 View Post
Sorry guys, but if the battery problems were caused by a software issue, we should see it also in a H2O or in a Glo HD with this new firmware installed.
Am i wrong? Perhaps someone who put 4.2.8110 in these devices could tell me something more...

Thanks
Yes, you are wrong. You should not be seeing battery issues because they should have been fixed in the current firmware.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:48 AM   #38
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, you are wrong. You should not be seeing battery issues because they should have been fixed in the current firmware.
Thanks for the answer, but I should wait 1 or 2 weeks before saying it.
Also previous firmware was built to correct battery issues, but it didn't (I've had an Aura One until 16th November, did more tests but battery lasted 5-6 days with 6-7 hours of reading)
Old 12-19-2016, 07:50 AM   #39
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Also previous firmware was built to correct battery issues, but it didn't (I've had an Aura One until 16th November, did more tests but battery lasted 5-6 days with 6-7 hours of reading), versus an Aura H2O which lets me read 25-30 days (22-25 hours)
Old 12-19-2016, 07:52 AM   #40
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikssenmar867 View Post
Also previous firmware was built to correct battery issues, but it didn't (I've had an Aura One until 16th November, did more tests but battery lasted 5-6 days with 6-7 hours of reading), versus an Aura H2O which lets me read 25-30 days (22-25 hours)
I'm not so sure that's the battery issue that has been raised, but less capacity of the Aura One, because a bigger screen without bigger battery means that.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:54 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm waiting to find out if there are any deal breakers before I install.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:51 AM   #42
Cbp001
Cbp001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Noticed that in Calibre the Kobo Extended Plugin doesn't process the epub files to kepub anymore when loading books on the Kobo. Using the latest versions of Calibre, the plugin and the Kobo firmware. Anyone know where the problem lies?

More ontopic: noticed the auto-sleep function being much more accurate (ie not keeping the reader on when the cover is closed). Seems to be reliable enough to use this function again.
Cbp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:05 AM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegeus View Post
Here's a short video of a reset after firmware upgrade; sorry for the low quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-plEMDQGttk

I have repaired the device with new feature, did not make any difference. I did not modify the firmware with any hack.
Is it just this book? Or any preview? I just tried it on my Aura H2O, which is running 4.2.8110, with no problems. I was able to find that book, and the preview for it and several others loaded OK and I could turn from the cover page.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:07 AM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbp001 View Post
Noticed that in Calibre the Kobo Extended Plugin doesn't process the epub files to kepub anymore when loading books on the Kobo. Using the latest versions of Calibre, the plugin and the Kobo firmware. Anyone know where the problem lies?
There is no reason for that. It is more likely that something has changed in your configuration. Make sure the plugin is still installed and enabled. And the option for sending kepubs is enabled.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #45
Cbp001
Cbp001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is no reason for that. It is more likely that something has changed in your configuration. Make sure the plugin is still installed and enabled. And the option for sending kepubs is enabled.
The plugin is still installed en enabled. As far as I know, there is no way to have the plugin enabled, but not turn epubs to kepubs when loading them on the reader. Just looked at the settings and can't find anything that seems to be set wrong. Can it be something in my Calibre settings (not the plugin)?
Cbp001 is offline   Reply With Quote