Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #16
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis 3
Yay! They finally fixed the problem of having the text being cut off slightly on full - page kepubs. Going to test out the brightness sensor for now and see if Kobo has finally managed to make a -perfect- device!!! Dont even have the need to patch this one with full page justification working properly...

Edit: disregard post, everything still completely broken...

*goes back into his small, dirty, Kobo Aura one blue-light lit hole*
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:38 PM   #17
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Does anyone know if one of the Overdrive changes is support for multiple libraries to be enabled at once?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2016, 02:55 AM   #18
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Has anyone and its a long shot with the busy holidays upon us!, had a chance to work out the patch tweaks as yet?

regards

Jack
Looks like Geoff has put 'em up: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=281845
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:04 AM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Does anyone know if one of the Overdrive changes is support for multiple libraries to be enabled at once?
Not working for me.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:49 AM   #20
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
The Firmware 4.2.8110 works fine on my »Kobo Aura H2O«.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2016, 09:34 AM   #21
monic39
monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo H2o 1st + 2, kindle paperwhite 2015
Angry drainage

Before this update I have no draining issue on my Kobo One. After I updated, battery drained over the night from 100% to 0% with wifi off and auto sinc also off. So I am going to delete this update and return to the previous one
monic39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:50 AM   #22
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braid View Post
WOW - two people can't borrow an ebook at the same time. I guess the technology isn't quite there yet.
It's known as artificial scarcity -- treating digital goods as if they have the same limitation as physical goods -- and, yes, it's stupid. When it comes to digital goods at the public library, patrons should have access to any book at any time without restriction.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #23
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by monic39 View Post
Before this update I have no draining issue on my Kobo One. After I updated, battery drained over the night from 100% to 0% with wifi off and auto sinc also off. So I am going to delete this update and return to the previous one
I would leave the update and see what happens. I have had about 3 drains in the time I have had mine (since they 1st were available) and they were totally random. I'd guess it was something random that caused it, not the update.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #24
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
The Firmware 4.2.8110 allready works on the »Kobo Glo HD« and the »Kobo Glo«.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #25
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
So why is Kobo not releasing official firmware updates for all devices? Is everything but the Aura One considered "end of life"?
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #26
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
My guess is priorities. There hasn't been any hints yet that the Touch 2.0 or H2O are on their way out.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kobo would be silly to get rid of the H2O. The H2O fits nicely between the 6" devices and the Aura One.

As for the firmware, maybe Kobo has been trying to get the battery issues worked out before they release it for other devices.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #28
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
My Aura ONE isn't downloading or installing this update when I sync it.

Those of you who have installed this update: did you install it manually, or did it update itself automatically?
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #29
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Braid: Kobo rollouts are always staggered; not all users get offered the update at the same time.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:53 AM   #30
aegeus
Enthusiast
aegeus began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader 5
Here's a short video of a reset after firmware upgrade; sorry for the low quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-plEMDQGttk

I have repaired the device with new feature, did not make any difference. I did not modify the firmware with any hack.
aegeus is offline   Reply With Quote