Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2021, 10:04 PM   #1
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Is Kobo accidently leaking (sarcasm) of new device's

I went to kobo.com today and saw an image for new kobo's. There is no info on the link just the old devices page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo.PNG
Views:	1063
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	189512  

Last edited by Rid; 10-04-2021 at 10:08 PM. Reason: typo
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:12 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Interesting. It is showing on the Australian home page as well.

Does the "sage" look like a Forma replacement which is stylus-enabled? Interesting that the stylus is not included.

And I have started the timer for when GoodEReader's post giving us their "insight" on this, but, really just based on this thread. Or should I have made all sorts of wild claims that they could quote as facts?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:17 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
I went to kobo.com today and saw an image for new kobo's. There is no info on the link just the old devices page.
Well, this should soon be an "exclusive" on that other eReader site. (Just realized davidfor brought up the same point — sorry for the redundancy.)

EDIT: Apparently the Sage has Bluetooth. I wonder if both the Forma and Sage will both be offered going forward (probably not).

Last edited by rcentros; 10-04-2021 at 11:26 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:53 PM   #4
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Lol I was thinking the same. Don't even know why I bothered to post it on here
Old 10-05-2021, 12:13 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Lol I was thinking the same. Don't even know why I bothered to post it on here
I'm glad you did. I was wondering when Kobo would come out with something new. I wonder how long before the official announcement (and how did they keep it secret this time)?
Old 10-05-2021, 12:44 AM   #6
Rid
Groupie

The links are working!
Old 10-05-2021, 12:59 AM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
The links are working!
On the American site now. Both have Bluetooth (or at least can play audiobooks, I assume Bluetooth). Each is priced $10 higher than the models (I assume) they are replacing. It looks like the buttons have been separated and moved closer to the edge.

Looks like both come with 32 GBs of RAM standard.

Looks like they've dropped the Mobius screen. The Sage is heavier and there's no mention of Mobius.

USB-C on both.

Last edited by rcentros; 10-05-2021 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-05-2021, 01:08 AM   #8
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Hmm I might be tempted by the Sage.

8” 300DPI screen with dark mode, 32GB, dual band WiFi, new CPU
Quad Core @ 1.8 GHz

Interesting that it comes in around 43g heavier than the Forma at 240.8 g vs 197g for the Forma.

I’d also say rather definitively that it’s replacing the Forma since you have to click “all ereaders” to see the Forma now. And the Sage is 10$ USD over the 8GB Forma and 40$ USD under the 32GB Forma.

Any Elipsa owners care to chime in on how much better the dark mode on the Elipsa vs a previous generation Kobo (ideally a fairly recent one)?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:23 AM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Interesting that it comes in around 43g heavier than the Forma at 240.8 g vs 197g for the Forma.
I think they got rid of the plastic substrate. No Mobius mentioned — instead the same technology as used in the Elipsa (E-Carta 1200).
Old 10-05-2021, 01:28 AM   #10
Rid
Groupie

I am interested to see what owners will feel about the new buttons and the (I think it has a) rounded edge.

At least the price is a lot more reasonable now with the 32gb and audio.
Old 10-05-2021, 01:32 AM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
I am interested to see what owners will feel about the new buttons and the (I think it has a) rounded edge.
I kind of like the rounded look and the buttons seem more accessible.

Quote:
At least the price is a lot more reasonable now with the 32gb and audio.
I don't know why eReader manufacturers have been playing games with 8GB, 32GB — the price for 32 GBs is not significantly higher.

(I started a thread in the News forum, linking this thread and giving you credit. Thanks again for posting this.)
Old 10-05-2021, 01:36 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'm very interested in the Kobo Sage!

Kobo Libra 2
7” HD E Ink Carta-1200 touchscreen
1264 x 1680 pixels
32GB
144,6x161,6x9mm
215g
190 euro

Kobo Sage
8” HD flush E Ink Carta 1200-touchscreen
1440 x 1920 pixels
32GB
160,5x181,4x7,6mm
240,8g
290 euro

They'll have bluetooth (not that I need that), ComfortLight Pro, IPx8 waterproofness, and the Sage has a pen.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:42 AM   #13
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post

They'll have bluetooth (not that I need that), ComfortLight Pro, IPx8 waterproofness, and the Sage has a pen.
The Sage doesn’t come with the stylus it’s just compatible with it
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:46 AM   #14
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/04/ko...tylus-support/
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:48 AM   #15
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post

Kobo Libra 2
7” HD E Ink Carta-1200 touchscreen
1264 x 1680 pixels
32GB
144,6x161,6x9mm
215g
190 euro

Kobo Sage
8” HD flush E Ink Carta 1200-touchscreen
1440 x 1920 pixels
32GB
160,5x181,4x7,6mm
240,8g
290 euro

The kobo site has listed the Sage to be 500$. I put one on my cart and it is indeed 500$ US

the Libra 2 is 179$ US
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote