Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-15-2022, 12:04 PM   #166
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I have occasionally clicked on the Affirm promo link, and I either get a notice saying sorry, all gone, or a notice telling me I need to be signed in to get the credit. But there's no sign-in box. Just out of curiosity, what do you see when you actually get the credit?
Email 1
Quote:
Congratulations! You've received a $2 Amazon credit from Affirm for scrolling the scene on their page. The credit is now available for you to claim.

Eligible for Prime Members only. Credit redeemable on Prime Day only.

Claim your reward
Website
Quote:
Congratulations! You've claimed your $2 Amazon reward. It has been added to your account and can be used during checkout on Amazon.com.
You may have already used a portion of this reward. Please check your cart for the reward amount left.
Reward Expiration: July 18, 2022 7:00 AM GMT
Terms and conditions How to redeem your reward
Email 2
Quote:
Your $2 Amazon credit from Affirm has been applied to your account.
Reward Expiration: July 14, 2022 7:00 AM GMT
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:53 PM   #167
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks. So you don't get a sign-in directive the way I do. How weird.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2022, 08:44 PM   #168
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. So you don't get a sign-in directive the way I do. How weird.
I got the sign-in bit. When I signed in, I got the website quote (above).

I was given a second credit, even though it was one per customer. In the end, I received nothing but an error message.

Email
Quote:
Congratulations! You've received a $2 Amazon credit from Affirm for scrolling the scene on their page. The credit is now available for you to claim.

Claim your reward
Sign-in page

Website
Quote:
Internal Error !
We're sorry, but something went wrong. Please contact customer support for any questions.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:09 PM   #169
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I opted for two of my three purchases to not be delivered for a week, to obtain $2 in digital credits.

I received the credits, and I received all three items this afternoon!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 06:28 AM   #170
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Kids+ -- exp 07 Aug @ 11:59 pm PT

Amazon Kids+ Subscrip -- $24.99 for 1 year -- YMMV
Quote:
Unlimited access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, games and premium kid’s skills.

Amazon Kids+ is an all-in-one subscription that gives kids access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games on compatible Fire, Fire TV, Android, iOS and Kindle devices. Plus, kids can enjoy hundreds of hours of fun with ad-free radio stations and playlists, and a growing list of premium kid’s skills available on compatible Echo devices.
Terms & Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Get an Annual Plan of Amazon Kids+ for $24.99

• This is a limited time offer valid until 11:59 p.m. (PT) on August 7, 2022.

• Offer is for the purchase of an Annual Plan of Amazon Kids+ for $24.99 for Prime members and $49.99 for non-Prime. (*Regularly $48 for Prime members and $79 Non-Prime).

• Offer is available for new subscribers to Amazon Kids+ or customers with an active subscription to the Monthly Plan. Existing customers with prepaid subscriptions are not eligible.

• After 1-year, the subscription auto-renews annually at the applicable rate until you cancel. See price details here. You may cancel your subscription at any time by contacting Customer Service, managing your subscription through Your Memberships and Subscriptions or visiting Parent Dashboard.

• Offer is limited to one per customer and account.

• This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.

• Offer does not apply to physical goods.

• Amazon Kids+ subscribers who purchased an annual plan until 11:59 p.m. (PT) on December 31, 2022 (the “Offer Deadline”) or have been existing Amazon Kids+ customers for more than 12 months are eligible to get 1-year of the standard Greenlight Plan included in their 1-year Amazon Kids+ subscription. Learn more Former or existing Greenlight account holders are not eligible to receive the Greenlight offer. Eligible Amazon Kid+ customers, will receive an email with a promotional link to redeem a 1-year subscription of the standard Greenlight Plan (currently valued at $54.89/year) through the Greenlight website. Return to the Amazon Kids+ homepage to buy an annual Amazon Kids+ subscription and become eligible for the Greenlight offer

• Use of Amazon Kids+ is subject to the Amazon Kids+ Terms and Conditions and Amazon.com Conditions of Use

• Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon.com Services LLC.

• If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.

• Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

• Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AKEx.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	195044  
Advert
Old 07-16-2022, 11:12 AM   #171
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I opted for two of my three purchases to not be delivered for a week, to obtain $2 in digital credits.

Lately, Amazon hasn't been offering me anything for no-rush shipping or Amazon Day shipping. If they expect me to wait a week, they should at least give me a measly dollar credit.
Old 07-16-2022, 11:57 AM   #172
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Lately, Amazon hasn't been offering me anything for no-rush shipping or Amazon Day shipping. If they expect me to wait a week, they should at least give me a measly dollar credit.
The more expensive the item, the more likely you are to get an offer. I really have no idea what the threshold amount actually is. However, I have noticed numerous times that I won't get a credit offer for a $10 item but if I bump the total purchase to $20 or $30 I get an offer. Obviously, I don't buy more than I need just to get a credit but if I'm buying several items I do order them in groups that maximize the shipping credits.

OR

It may not be the total $ but the number of items that triggers the offer.

Consider this:
I have a $8.55 item in my cart and... no delay offer.
Bump quantity to two and get a $1 offer.
Bump quantity to three ad get a $2 offer.
Additional items do not get higher offers.

Amazon, go figure.

Last edited by tch65721; 07-16-2022 at 03:38 PM.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 06:42 PM   #173
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
After they raised the price of a Prime subscription last time, I stopped doing those at all. I subscribe for the two-day shipping and rarely take advantage of all the extra "benefits." (Aka stuff they tagged on to justify raising the price repeatedly.) My feeling is they can damn well ship it to me in two days like I paid for, or offer me $5 or more credit to make it worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
I have a $8.55 item in my cart and... no delay offer.
Bump quantity to two and get a $1 offer.
Bump quantity to three ad get a $2 offer.
Additional items do not get higher offers.

Amazon, go figure.
It seems to be totally random most of the time. I got the offer on one item for under $10, but not on another order for an item that was $20+. At this point I doubt even they know what qualifies, and the algorithm deciding it's basically a virtual coin flip.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:09 PM   #174
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
After they raised the price of a Prime subscription last time, I stopped doing those at all. I subscribe for the two-day shipping and rarely take advantage of all the extra "benefits." (Aka stuff they tagged on to justify raising the price repeatedly.) My feeling is they can damn well ship it to me in two days like I paid for,

Dang straight. I used to sometimes wait until my wife and I had few items to order just to be more shipping efficient, but the more they raise the price, the more I'm comfortable ordering a single item when ever it strikes my fancy.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 08:53 PM   #175
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post

I got $15 in no-rush credits for holding off on purchases until Prime Day. Of the items I bought only 2 were Prime Day deals, but since their order volume was high I got lots of credits.

Quote:
Handy tip: You'll only get Amazon Day credits if you bundle 2 or more items for delivery, and then only if your AD is more than 3 days away. It also (sometimes) matters which payment method you select.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 06:26 AM   #176
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
There's no "no-rush" shipping offers in the UK anymore. They used to fund most of my ebook purchases!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 08:44 AM   #177
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I got myself a Fire HD 8 Plus for £55. Cost me more for the case, screen protector and SD card. Really pleased with it. I have an iPad Pro 11 as my main tablet but the Fire, with Google Play installed, is great for checking my internal cameras in the middle of the night. Ideal for when I am waiting for the cats to come in.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 09:18 AM   #178
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
The more expensive the item, the more likely you are to get an offer. I really have no idea what the threshold amount actually is. However, I have noticed numerous times that I won't get a credit offer for a $10 item but if I bump the total purchase to $20 or $30 I get an offer. Obviously, I don't buy more than I need just to get a credit but if I'm buying several items I do order them in groups that maximize the shipping credits.

OR

It may not be the total $ but the number of items that triggers the offer.
My last two transactions at Amazon were a single-item order for just under $300, and a multiple-item order for just over $100. Neither time did I get any offer for using no-rush or Amazon Day shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
After they raised the price of a Prime subscription last time, I stopped doing those at all. I subscribe for the two-day shipping and rarely take advantage of all the extra "benefits." (Aka stuff they tagged on to justify raising the price repeatedly.) My feeling is they can damn well ship it to me in two days like I paid for, or offer me $5 or more credit to make it worthwhile.

It seems to be totally random most of the time. I got the offer on one item for under $10, but not on another order for an item that was $20+. At this point I doubt even they know what qualifies, and the algorithm deciding it's basically a virtual coin flip.
It seems random to me too.

As far as the Prime subscription, though, I feel like I'm easily getting my money's worth. When the pandemic started, I began using Amazon Fresh for grocery delivery, and with Prime the $10 delivery fee for each order is waived; Prime's paid for itself because of that alone.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:13 PM   #179
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As far as the Prime subscription, though, I feel like I'm easily getting my money's worth. When the pandemic started, I began using Amazon Fresh for grocery delivery, and with Prime the $10 delivery fee for each order is waived; Prime's paid for itself because of that alone.
Unfortunately I live in a small town, so Amazon Fresh is unavailable. The entire benefit from Prime is the free two-day shipping for me.

I still order enough to make it worthwhile, but Walmart.com might be a viable option if Amazon raises the price of Prime yet again. I've used it a few times this year for stuff Amazon didn't have and it's much better than it used to be. If everything available in stores that's non-grocery was shippable it'd be better. Right now it's hit or miss. Searching for stuff's a bit easier, since Amazon's site is still terrible in that regard.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:31 PM   #180
Manabi
Wizard

I still had that $2 Affirm credit to use, so I made my final Prime Day-related purchase last night. Apparently Amazon's algorithm went insane and decided to lose money. I ended up with a 30% subscribe & save discount on top of the Affirm credit, making me pay less than half price.

That ended up being a better deal than most of the stuff I saw on sale during Prime Day itself.