Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-08-2022, 04:14 PM   #496
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
I finished The Sandman last night and really enjoyed it. Tonight I first caught up with a paranormal show on Discovery+. Then I started the series From, with Harold Perrineau. Which is really creepy. It's got some Wayward Pines vibes; isolated town, people can't leave, creepy things in the woods.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:03 PM   #497
poohbear_nc
Now What?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Interspersing my GOT rewatch with Billions - starring the incomparably evil Damian Lewis.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:25 PM   #498
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Season 12 episode 4 of NCIS. I may get through this series yet! Mom and I will be rewatching GOT late in the Fall (Winter is coming).
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:36 PM   #499
poohbear_nc
Now What?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Season 12 episode 4 of NCIS. I may get through this series yet! Mom and I will be rewatching GOT late in the Fall (Winter is coming).
I binged all NCIS seasons during the lockdown ... sort of a Jethro Gibbs haircut timeline
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 01:46 AM   #500
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
So, I watched the first episode of Darby and Joan, tonight--Bryan Brown and Greta Scacchi. I am not sure that without reading her name that I would have recognized her. I think I'd have thought "oh, who is that," but I wouldn't have pulled that name to the surface my my brain. Not the Greta Scacchi of Presumed Innocent, that's for certain. Time is a cruel taskmistress.

FWIW, the show is 'okay' so far. Not something I'd anxiously await, but right there in that whole "Chamber of Commerce is paying for this show" genre. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 02:29 PM   #501
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
An installation in progress. Hopefully to finish successfully in the next hour or two.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:40 PM   #502
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
An installation in progress. Hopefully to finish successfully in the next hour or two.
Whut?

Hitch
Old 08-09-2022, 04:09 PM   #503
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Currently watching a progress bar, I'd guess.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:19 PM   #504
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Not a progress bar. The upgrader has a box which displays the steps in the upgrade progress with a rather useless spinner. About as boring as a progress bar but more informative.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:48 PM   #505
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I thought perhaps he was in the wrong thread--perhaps he meant to be in the "what are you doing right now?" thread, as opposed to the "what are you watching" thread. Yes, yes, I see how this could neatly be either. Just...caught me out, thinking about shows and movies and the like.

Hitch
Old 08-10-2022, 01:41 AM   #506
mlewis78
Fanatic
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I am still watching Endeavor. Tonight it was S6 E3 "Confection." I started to watch A Man Called Ove (Swedish) a few days ago, but it didn't hold my interest. I read the book recently and enjoyed it.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:36 AM   #507
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
We finished the 4 seasons of Paris Murders available on Acorn - great series, hope Acorn will someday get the final season so we can find out if Adele and Emma survive the S4 cliffhanger.

Then watched S3 of London Kills, also a pretty good series with Sharon Small, who IMO saved the otherwise lackluster Lynley series.(It's disappointing when a good book series like Lynley (and Rebus) don't translate as well as expected to TV, when others like Ann Cleeves' Vera and Shetland do it so well.)
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:06 AM   #508
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

FWIW, offered only as an observation, I was exceedingly underwhelmed with Epi. 2 of Darby and Joan.

I wish I'd liked it more, (I like the players therein), but. Yes, I stayed awake, but I was happier to turn on an old Midsomer Murders after it was done, than to watch the new D&J content. The perpetrator AND the motive were both obvious, less than 15 minutes into it. (sigh). It suffered from a Surfeit of Trite. Or a Surfeit of Trite and Tropes. That's it. ST&T.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 08-10-2022 at 11:07 AM. Reason: ETA: Surfeit of Trite AND TROPES.
Old Today, 04:21 PM   #509
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
I really liked From, hopefully it won't take too long for season 2 to be released. I'm now watching the second season of Wayward Pines. I think it was a mistake, because the premise is similar to From. This season also doesn't hold my attention as well as season one.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:50 PM   #510
Bookstooge
Evangelist
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
I continue to watch the X-Files interspersed with episodes of Spongebob. The juxtaposition is working perfectly for me...
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote