Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-07-2022, 10:07 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
It's intelligence agencies sending encoded messages to their spies. Out in the public but still secret, it's pretty smart. Like those mysterious numbers radio stations. To us it seems like random nonsense but the spies know how to decode it.
That's good!

Having once had a Top Secret clearance (this was many years ago, however), I just decoded part of the sentence from DrRocco's post, and the first three letters are these: 'S', 'H', 'I'. Unfortunately, I am unable to decipher the remaining letter.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 05:10 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRocco View Post
As an experiment, I tried putting a random date "1926" into Kobo's search field. Sure enough, half way down the results --
The Emperor's Auntie 1926
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...-s-auntie-1926

This female guard was angry in her heart, attacking her teeth and scolding: “You are actually mean.”
Take a look at the preview for this book. It's something else. It's that bad. It does look like a drunk Ai wrote it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:53 AM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Take a look at the preview for this book. It's something else. It's that bad. It does look like a drunk Ai wrote it.
It's quite obvious to me that these books are long-lost sequels to Joyce's Finnegans Wake, written by the Master himself but never revealed to the public. Joyce apparently anticipated the Nouveau Roman movement when he initially diverged from the classical literary from, thus setting in motion a fiction that - at best - can only be described as liberating!

Truly, we are in the midst of a literary paradigm shift of the utmost importance, and these newly-discovered works of genius should be disseminated to every genre-ridden reader ensconced in his or her own mummy-wrapped shell of comfortable denial!

I'm talking to you, Jon!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-08-2022 at 07:32 PM. Reason: 'her'
Old 08-08-2022, 10:56 AM   #19
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It's quite obvious to me that these books are long-lost sequels to Joyce's Finnegans Wake, written by the Master himself but never revealed to the public. Joyce apparently anticipated the Nouveau Roman movement when he initially diverged from the classical literary from, thus setting in motion a fiction that - at best - can only be described as liberating!

Truly, we are in the midst of a literary paradigm shift of the utmost importance, and these newly-discovered works of genius should be disseminated to every genre-ridden reader ensconced in his or own mummy-wrapped shell of comfortable denial!

I'm talking to you, Jon!

No thanks. I cling to my mummy wraps until I die.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:18 PM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No thanks. I cling to my mummy wraps until I die.
No Tana leaves for you, Imhotep!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boris Karloff.jpg
Views:	3132
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	195692  
Old 08-08-2022, 04:46 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Truly, we are in the midst of a literary paradigm shift of the utmost importance, and these newly-discovered works of genius should be disseminated to every genre-ridden reader ensconced in his or own mummy-wrapped shell of comfortable denial!

I'm talking to you, Jon!

You read 10 of these works and tell me which ones you would read again, read them again and I'll not read any of them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:48 PM   #22
DrRocco
DrRocco began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
It's kind of amazing how many of these there are. If you click on any of the "author's" names, you'll get a whole new batch, each with a random stock photo of a person on the cover:
Marce Holmes

I think my new favorite is "Mom of the Jill House" by Jill House.
DrRocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:26 PM   #23
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
"He removed his throat softly, showing a major face" - from the aptly named Self-Destruction 1895 - Not so much a Scooby Doo ending as a Cthulhu ending?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:10 AM   #24
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRocco View Post
It's kind of amazing how many of these there are. If you click on any of the "author's" names, you'll get a whole new batch, each with a random stock photo of a person on the cover:
Marce Holmes

I think my new favorite is "Mom of the Jill House" by Jill House.
I like Jill House, too!

I must say, though, that I am always suspicious of people who are constantly smiling. I mean, did they just come out of the outhouse?
Old 08-09-2022, 07:11 AM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
"He removed his throat softly, showing a major face" - from the aptly named Self-Destruction 1895 - Not so much a Scooby Doo ending as a Cthulhu ending?

I love that quote!

Cthulhu en garde!