Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2022, 07:15 AM   #16
mscuttari
mscuttari began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Then can you please explain the freezing method? I guess it's the only wait to recover them.
Do I have to put the board on sub-zero temperature for how much? Should I do something special to prevent condensation? Then how much should I wait after taking it back to try flashing u-boot again?
mscuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:03 AM   #17
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
You need to use a spray freezer. This must be done simultaneously with the attempt to start the device. If the u-boot starts quickly stop it with any key (of course, you must be connected by a serial port) and type the command "idme".
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:25 PM   #18
mscuttari
mscuttari began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
For "spray freezer" do you mean the cans used in case of injuries?
Also, which of the four metallic covers holds the emmc (please open the image, because the orientation changes)? So that I can spray on the right one and be more effective.
I have attached an image of the board (that's a PW3 board, but the aspect is the same of the PW2 one).
Click image for larger version

Name:	pw3.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	195681

Last edited by mscuttari; 08-07-2022 at 01:29 PM.
mscuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:04 AM   #19
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
Emmc is at the bottom left, closest to the button connector.
I was referring to the freezer used in electronics to search for broken connections. They cool to about -50 degrees Celsius.
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote