Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-20-2022, 11:39 AM   #76
tritziii
tritziii began at the beginning.

Device: tolino shine
Hello,

I'm using Calibre Sync for a little while now. It's what I always wanted, to keep my Books organized, between PC and iPhone.

But there are 2 things I miss or can't find:

1. I've created a custom column on PC where I can see if the Book is read or not. I see this column in the App but can't edit it. On the other hand, there is an additional filed on the App where I can mark a Book as read, which I didn't find on the PC. So what do I have to do, to find the read date column on PC?

2. Is there a way to add a new book via App which then appears on PC? Something like "Add empty Book from ISBN"

Cheers
tritziii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:08 AM   #77
fanficdude1
fanficdude1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a pretty large calibre library (50,000+ books) your app seems to be working perfectly but is incredibly slow on opening. I'm still trying to transfer a couple thousand books at a time. Every so often the app just kind of dies.

It'll connect to my caliper database just fine but I can't seem to actually do anything in the app itself other than transfer books it seems to be completely unresponsive busy doing something else.
fanficdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:06 AM   #78
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
Can you search on tags?
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 12:38 AM   #79
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
I would like to have a search like the Calibre tag viewer.
- Match all/one element
- Check mark for single elements

So a search like this would be possible

Tag column:
History -> yes
Middle Ages -> yes
HRR -> no

Format:
PDF -> no
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 05:07 AM   #80
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
Hello, this is a "before i buy"-question: I have seen your plugin - had companion before and found it extremely bad (it downloaded all books, no integration for any reader, so i had my lib 2 times on my ipad, extremely slow...), so my primary question is: How is reader integration done? On my ipad i use kybook3, the calibre-plugin seems to be dead , so i want a new possibility to sync...
Is there any way to see which books got synced like its done in calibre, where i see the custom column "on device"?
Would it be possible to sync to the kybook books-folder directly?
Thank you very much!
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:36 PM   #81
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritziii View Post
Hello,

I'm using Calibre Sync for a little while now. It's what I always wanted, to keep my Books organized, between PC and iPhone.

But there are 2 things I miss or can't find:

1. I've created a custom column on PC where I can see if the Book is read or not. I see this column in the App but can't edit it. On the other hand, there is an additional filed on the App where I can mark a Book as read, which I didn't find on the PC. So what do I have to do, to find the read date column on PC?

2. Is there a way to add a new book via App which then appears on PC? Something like "Add empty Book from ISBN"

Cheers
I have been using the application for a long time, what the application does is read the library that is stored in the cloud, all changes must be made from calibre on the computer
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:39 PM   #82
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkmaggs View Post
Can you search on tags?
if you can search by tags
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	196082  
Old 08-25-2022, 08:09 PM   #83
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
if you can search by tags
Duh. How did I miss that??
Thanks for your help
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 07:42 AM   #84
quarkpott
quarkpott began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey,

I discovered the app today and it sounds very promising. Is there a possibility to get the app as a trial version somewhere maybe? The price is just too high for me without knowing how the app really works. A demo version would be great.
quarkpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:10 AM   #85
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkpott View Post
Hey,

I discovered the app today and it sounds very promising. Is there a possibility to get the app as a trial version somewhere maybe? The price is just too high for me without knowing how the app really works. A demo version would be great.
I'd suggest getting in touch directly with the developer; while they do have an account here, they're not that active. calibre.sync.help@gmail.com

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 12:05 PM   #86
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkpott View Post
Hey,

£4.49 (google play store uk) is too high ??? - that's less than most new e-books.

if you don't like it, you can get a full refund , if used for less than 2 hours - standard google play store app refund rules.
that's plenty of time to find out how it works.

stay away from versions from dodgy " somewheres" . such places exist but are full of trojans, viruses and other nasties...as well as ripping off the developer
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 10:34 AM   #87
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
I am using Calibre Sync with library stored locally in my android device, so are all the books. I can browse all my books whenever I want.

But why some books do not have "read button/icon" thus unable to open it using reader?

Without Read Icon
https://ibb.co/Nj5FnZG

With Read Icon
https://ibb.co/5M1Jrjc
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 03:06 PM   #88
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
I am using Calibre Sync with library stored locally in my android device, so are all the books. I can browse all my books whenever I want.

But why some books do not have "read button/icon" thus unable to open it using reader?

Without Read Icon
https://ibb.co/Nj5FnZG

With Read Icon
https://ibb.co/5M1Jrjc
When you download the book, the icon will appear
Old 09-22-2022, 07:56 AM   #89
nephtys59
nephtys59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Is it possible to implement a "Send to Kobo" option too, in addition to Send to Kindle? Thanks.
nephtys59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:17 AM   #90
autolo
autolo began at the beginning.

Device: Android S5
I have a question that I might just be blind so I don't see it. Is there a way to show values in custom columns in the library view, together with just tags?
autolo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, mobile, sync