Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-02-2022, 10:43 AM   #16
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For the record, the default save template is:

Code:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
But, moving the everything one directory down is a good idea. I use:

Code:
{:'current_library_name()'}/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

Hmm, I don't remember changing that.. thanks.

But maybe it would be a very good idea to put another folder in the default? The Fat filesystem is limited to 256 items in the root directory, (and as been mentioned, long filenames take multiple slots). Adding a directory will increase the max to 64000.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:31 AM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Yes, there is a small limit on FAT directories in the root.

Take a while to read 27K books too. Seventy Three YEARS at one a day! But maybe some people are not humans, some sort of semi-immortal creatures.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 12:03 PM   #18
criscros
Fulltime reader
criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
I can't imagine browsing 27k books unless i know specifically what i am looking for
I was thinking the same thing! I only keep about 100 books on my Clara and still get tired of scrolling sometimes when I'm looking for a new read.
criscros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 05:21 PM   #19
raafayawan
raafayawan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I suggest you delete one eBook in that directory and create a new directory and put more in it. It could be you ran out of space for creating more files/directories.

You get 65,534 files/directories entries. Every filename/directory name that's longer then 8.3 gets at least 2 entries. So anything with 17 characters in the filename gets 3 entries. So it could be that you have used up your directory space.
Yes that's exactly what had happened and when I created a new folder moved books in it and added more books it let me add more books again. Thank you so much for your input.
raafayawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 05:27 PM   #20
raafayawan
raafayawan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post

Take a while to read 27K books too. Seventy Three YEARS at one a day! But maybe some people are not humans, some sort of semi-immortal creatures.
Hahah I know I'll never be able to read them, been collecting them for over two years now and managing them through Calibre but finally want them on an e-reader, that's all I want, for now so close yet so far. Thanks for helping out.
raafayawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:05 PM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post

I think if time we step back and think about some serious issues:

That got me thinking about Borgs. I think it likely possible for a Borg to read all (and more!) than 27,000 titles in perhaps one or two days due to its 'hive' mentality.

Of course, some of the recent Sci-Fi is not necessarily representative of a species with intelligence. (This does not apply to horror fiction, since it is literate by any standard of measure - even works from Indy writers ().

If nanoprobes (for example) were injected into every Mobileread member (and guests - I would be the one exception, of course), then I believe that not only could every Sci-Fi book ever written (whether boring or exciting), be assimilated into this one vast shared intelligence, but all conflicts currently present in the Mobileread community would become a moot point...a modern day 'Stepford' wives of shared contentment. (See the Politics and Religion Forum, for example; and that ultimate, unresolved subject of disagreement: 'The Ebook Case: Yes, No, Uh?').

Now, back to the topic of this thread.....
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:11 PM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Hmm, I don't remember changing that.. thanks.

But maybe it would be a very good idea to put another folder in the default? The Fat filesystem is limited to 256 items in the root directory, (and as been mentioned, long filenames take multiple slots). Adding a directory will increase the max to 64000.
The default I showed is the calibre default for all devices. It is specified on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences. It is used for the drivers until you configure the actual driver.

The partition is FAT32, not FAT. The number of directory entries in the root directory should be 64K with the added restrictions brought about by long file names. I have definitely had more than 256 sub-directories in the root partition of the device in the past. My current template with the calibre library in it was to move them out of the root while fiddling and serves to separate the books put on just for testing different things from the "real" books. I frequently fiddle directly with the test books while working out what is going on.

As to the arguments about the number of books, I waver between "Why on earth" and "Why not". My Clara HD has nearly 10000 books on it (though a lot are short stories), so I can't really criticise anyone.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:24 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As I think about it, I'm not sure if I'd use the first character of the author as a directory; I'd be more likely to use either the last, or last two digits of the calibre book Id

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:47 PM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
As I think about it, I'm not sure if I'd use the first character of the author as a directory; I'd be more likely to use either the last, or last two digits of the calibre book Id
I suppose the choice is dependent on whether you are likely to look through the directory structure. Using some meaning short string for the file name might be better for the (less space used in the database) but would make finding anything hard.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote