Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-07-2022, 09:09 PM   #1
otissperber
otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.otissperber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle fire
Hoopla Question

I have a library card at libraries in two different states. Both have access to Hoopla. Is there any advantage to creating two Hoopla accounts, one for each state? Or, does access to Hoopla give you the same media regardless of library system (meaning they'd both give me the exact same media)?
otissperber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 10:22 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I would guess that having two accounts would be better. For example, Overdrive is everywhere in the US but each library system does not have the same books available from it.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 04:19 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by otissperber View Post
I have a library card at libraries in two different states. Both have access to Hoopla. Is there any advantage to creating two Hoopla accounts, one for each state? Or, does access to Hoopla give you the same media regardless of library system (meaning they'd both give me the exact same media)?
For example, some libraries do not have access to audiobooks through Hoopla. So yes, it's worth creating the two accounts in case anything is different. It also gives you more borrows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:11 AM   #4
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
there's no hack to use Hoopla on an ereader is there? Hoopla often has ebooks my library's Overdrive does not, but I have to read them in the Hoopla app on my tablet. Am I missing something?
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:41 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknit View Post
there's no hack to use Hoopla on an ereader is there? Hoopla often has ebooks my library's Overdrive does not, but I have to read them in the Hoopla app on my tablet. Am I missing something?
if you have an Android based Reader, then you might be able to install the Hoopla app.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #6
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Some advantages to having multiple Hoopla accounts:
  • Different libraries may have different content, so it's useful to have Hoopla accounts at multiple libraries
  • Each library limits the number of videos one can borrow per month via Hoopla, so having multiple accounts increases the number of videos one can borrow

Last edited by Froide; 07-25-2022 at 01:19 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:00 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Some advantages to having multiple Hoopla accounts:
  • Different libraries may have different content
  • Each library limits the number of videos one can borrow per month via Hoopla
Some Hoopla accounts don't allow audiobooks to be borrowed.
Old 07-24-2022, 10:15 PM   #8
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
if you have an Android based Reader, then you might be able to install the Hoopla app.
My main ereader is a Kobo Libra, but I forgot that I had bought a Pocketbook Inkbook Pro 3 last year. I never liked it and it's sitting on a shelf but I'll see if that will work. I hate reading on a tablet screen, plus it's heavy to take to work compared to an ereader. Thanks for the reminder!

edited to update - nope, can't do apps b/c it's linux, not android. Tried just using the browser but a) it's very slow to load pages and b) hoopla specifically says the book I tried can't be read in the browser. Guess I'm stuck with tablet or phone for the time being.

Last edited by catsknit; 07-24-2022 at 11:48 PM. Reason: more info
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hoopla