Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-03-2016, 01:35 AM   #121
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
But I digress: Some of you probably already know it, but maybe it'll help one or another: Library of Congress has a very nice page explaining the MARC21 relators, and somewhere on their pages there are also one with links to various local pages with translations and such.
Unfortunately, the site that you've linked to doesn't contain translations of the MARC Code List for Relators, included in Sigil.
Only a handful of semi-official Dublin Core translation lists exist and none of them include Marc Relators.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:51 AM   #122
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Unfortunately, the site that you've linked to doesn't contain translations of the MARC Code List for Relators, included in Sigil.
Only a handful of semi-official Dublin Core translation lists exist and none of them include Marc Relators.

Not the LOC-site as such, but at least for some of the languages listed (haven't checked them all), you can find translations on the various national sites (eg. the finnish/swedish here )

(No danish one though - seems we use a localized version called DanMARC2 (why make it easy, when it can be complicated … . IDPF could just as well use this standard http://www.editeur.org/151/thema/ or BIC, BISAC or whatever - none of them are the end-of-all-book-categorizing standards either …) Just an observation, don't want to start a dicussion, least of all in this forum.

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:58 AM   #123
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Hello
I am French and I would like to help with the translation of Sigil.
While looking at the Git-hub I found the link to Transifex. I have already sent a request (pseudo: un_pogaz) but I don't really know how this site works.

Regards.

PS: Thank you so mush elibrarian, I was able to find the French translation of the MARC code.

Last edited by un_pogaz; 01-15-2019 at 05:07 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:32 AM   #124
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
I have already sent a request (pseudo: un_pogaz) but I don't really know how this site works.
If you sent your request to Zdpo, it might take a while until you get an answer. If you don't get approved within a couple of days, PM KevinH, who can also approve new translators.

Once you get approved, select French > View resources > base.ts > Translate.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:59 AM   #125
User_Z
Connoisseur
User_Z began at the beginning.

Device: Computer, iPad
Hello to all.

Tell us how the translation is verified on the Transifex website.
User_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:05 AM   #126
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
That is up to the specific language translation team. Is there a problem?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:28 AM   #127
User_Z
Connoisseur

In August, I finished translating Russian and Ukrainian languages for Sigil and PageEdit. And these translations are already included in releases. After that, I checked how the translations look in releases, fixed bugs and made additions and changes to Transifex. For this to be included in the next release.

But no one there ever checked the translations: "Ukrainian (Ukraine) (uk_UA) 0 lines for translating 3.235 lines for checking".
Why is that?
Old 10-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #128
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very few translations are ever reviewed. The translation teams are small and volunteer and it takes someone additional to review. We (Sigil) do not even use the review to determine anything. So some groups skip it.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:10 PM   #129
User_Z
Connoisseur

Hello, everyone.

Today added the Russian-language page of Sigil to Wikipedia.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:46 PM   #130
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by User_Z View Post
Hello, everyone.

Today added the Russian-language page of Sigil to Wikipedia.
Thanks. But could you please remove all references to WYSIWYG from the description? Sigil is no longer being promoted or developed as a WYSIWYG EPUB editor. All references to WYSIWYG have already been removed from Sigil's own documentation. We don't want people to be misled about the capabilities of the latest Sigil versions.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #131
User_Z
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
...But could you please remove all references to WYSIWYG from the description?...
In my opinion, the Wikipedia page describes the editor as a whole, and not some part or version of it. The page reflects both the description of the editor and the main stages of its development. And the ability to edit in WYSIWYG mode was present for a rather long time.
I myself sometimes use version 0.9.14, especially at the initial stage of creating a book, I think this version is the most convenient.

The fact that the ability to edit in WYSIWYG mode is not available in versions after 0.9.14 I indicated in the "Changes" section. Just like you are in the English version of the page. But I will make an emphasis on this fact, I will add an extended explanation.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #132
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

I currently translating the new string. Among them, there is a "Add Existing" (Form_Files/main.ui:440)
I need context! Just two words like that, is not enough to draw a correct interpretation.
The Transifex history tells me that it is linked to the old "Add Existing Files". Could you confirm this usage?

Last edited by un_pogaz; 09-27-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:17 PM   #133
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Form_Files/ hold the user interface layout design for buttons, toolbars, menus and things for the various Sigil widgets. And main.ui is for the MainWindow (read that Sigil main window). So that AddExisting is for a menu or toolbar icon used for Sigil's.

The file and line number info can usually provide a bit of context if needed:
In this case: https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil..._Files/main.ui near line 440.

Here is a snippet:
Code:
<widget class="QToolBar" name="toolBarAddExisting">
   <property name="windowTitle">
    <string>Add Existing</string>
   </property>
   <attribute name="toolBarArea">
    <enum>TopToolBarArea</enum>
   </attribute>
   <attribute name="toolBarBreak">
    <bool>false</bool>
   </attribute>
   <addaction name="actionAddExistingFile"/>
  </widget>
So yes, this string is for the ToolBar function for "Add Existing" in Sigil main window toolbar.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:27 PM   #134
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
The Transifex history tells me that it is linked to the old "Add Existing Files". Could you confirm this usage?
Add Existing is short for Add Existing Files. It's a new toolbar with a single button in it. (The string is shown in the right-click toolbar menu.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AddExisting.PNG
Views:	464
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	182278  
Old 09-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #135
un_pogaz
Chalut o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Add Existing is short for Add Existing Files. It's a new toolbar with a single button in it. (The string is shown in the right-click toolbar menu.)
Thanks Doitsu
I will now be able to find a translation that is not too messed up.