Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you jailbreak your iDevice(s)?
Yes! 8 42.11%
No! 8 42.11%
I plan to eventually. 1 5.26%
I did, but then I went back. 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Favorite Jailbreak apps/tweaks?

This is similar to the top/favorite app threads, only dedicated to all the things apple won't let us have...

My list:
BBSettings - a tweak similar to the old standby SBSettings, except it works with the notification center.
ProTube - A YouTube viewer with many more options than the built-in one.
Safari Download Enabler - umm, duh.
Beekeyboard - Makes BT keyboards a lot more functional.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Only have my 3GS jailbroken, and that is for mywi, because bluetooth eats battery faster. Not bothering with intelliscreen any more, or winterboard. Sbsettings is handy, i keep forgetting about it
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I love Browser Changer. It allows you to designate an alternate browser as default. I use (and love) iCab. So now if I open a link from another app it will open in iCab instead of Safari.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
I use the Winterboard settings as well as SBS settings. I guess you could say that was my favorite. My sis was so jealous of the SBSettings, until of course the iOS 5 came along
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I love Browser Changer. It allows you to designate an alternate browser as default. I use (and love) iCab. So now if I open a link from another app it will open in iCab instead of Safari.
Hmm, this brings up a question: Are there any tweaks out there that will let use the faster Nitro JS engine in third party browsers?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
I suppose that would mean tweaking the browser itself, not the phone settings or preferences.
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delotte231 View Post
I suppose that would mean tweaking the browser itself, not the phone settings or preferences.
My understanding is that the limitation is with iOS's UIWebView, which all third party browsers are forced to use due to the "no executing downloaded code" restriction on App store submissions.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:32 AM   #8
jennysimpson
jennysimpson began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I use atube, Safari Download Enabler, Barrel and winterboard are my favorites. Jailbreaking your phone can help you customize your phone for a better usage.
jennysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 05:17 PM   #9
kos25k
Connoisseur
kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Amazon Kindle basic
Any new suggestions here?
kos25k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 09:40 AM   #10
kos25k
Connoisseur
kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Guys is there any module with which my kindle won't charge every time i just connect it to my PC to transfer files,but instead will charge only while on charger? (i just want to protect my battery).
Old 02-24-2023, 02:00 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
You don't need anything extra to do this. On iOS 14 or later you can make any browser the default.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 03:05 PM   #12
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k View Post
Guys is there any module with which my kindle won't charge every time i just connect it to my PC to transfer files,but instead will charge only while on charger? (i just want to protect my battery).
While noting that this is OT, maybe you just need a special USB cable that doesn't supply power.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:25 PM   #13
kos25k
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
While noting that this is OT, maybe you just need a special USB cable that doesn't supply power.
Thanks for info.Btw is there really such a kind of cable?
Old 02-24-2023, 10:48 PM   #14
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k View Post
Thanks for info.Btw is there really such a kind of cable?
I think it can be done, but you would probably need jailbreak so that you can put it in USB transfer mode via some command or other after hooking up your powerless cable.

As it is, Kindle will only go into USB transfer mode if it sees power on the +5V wire.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-make...-can-I-buy-one
Old 02-25-2023, 02:03 AM   #15
kos25k
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I think it can be done, but you would probably need jailbreak so that you can put it in USB transfer mode via some command or other after hooking up your powerless cable.

As it is, Kindle will only go into USB transfer mode if it sees power on the +5V wire.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-make...-can-I-buy-one
Thanks for useful info!!Yes i have jailbreak.Btw,how to put it on usb transfer mode?I am new to jailbreak..