Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Replace actions undo themselves?

Is there a reason why frequently, when I use the replace function to "replace all" in a document, the replacements undo themselves when I return focus to the main Sigil window? This often happens to me in 0.3.4 when I replace all instances in a given file, but never when I replace across all HMTL pages.

This happens to me all the time, but I can't find an issue for it on the tracker. Has nobody else seen it?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Is there a reason why frequently, when I use the replace function to "replace all" in a document, the replacements undo themselves when I return focus to the main Sigil window? This often happens to me in 0.3.4 when I replace all instances in a given file, but never when I replace across all HMTL pages.

This happens to me all the time, but I can't find an issue for it on the tracker. Has nobody else seen it?
I see this from time to time (XP SP-3) .
If I close the S&R dialog BEFORE touching the main window again, seems to lessen this happening.
I can't come up with a sure-fire case for a bug report.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
Faster
Connoisseur
Faster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS 650
I've also encountered this same problem and it occurs for me when using 'All HTML Files'.
It generally happens towards the end of a prolonged session, eg getting rid of every scrap of Calibre junk.
Maybe it's something related to stack overflow or memory gliches with the 'UNDO changes' facility.
Anyway, my solution is to save the work in progress, close Sigil, then re-open the file with Sigil and get going again from where I left off.
Faster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
I've also encountered this same problem and it occurs for me when using 'All HTML Files'.
It generally happens towards the end of a prolonged session, eg getting rid of every scrap of Calibre junk.
Maybe it's something related to stack overflow or memory gliches with the 'UNDO changes' facility.
Anyway, my solution is to save the work in progress, close Sigil, then re-open the file with Sigil and get going again from where I left off.
I think you are on to something. Long session...
Many of the quirks seem to happen later on in a session, not at the beginning of a Fresh session.
Like you. I exit and re-launch.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #5
John2011
Enthusiast
John2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1
I also have the same problem.

If I do a F&R for say <div> to <p> for a whole chapter of text. Every thing changes ok, but, if I click on the code page all the <div> come back.

If I do a F&R again everything changes and stays changed. and I can keep changing things until I finish that chapter.

If I start on another chapter with F&R it has to be done twice again for the first one.

Very strange. I know now that I have to do it twice, so I just do it.

Ah, the mysteries of computers.

John P
John2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Does anyone recall if Tidy is on? It might be helpfully cleaning up.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I suspect this problem is related to an already reported problem related to XP systems where you can have problems if you change focus away from the app and then later change it back. It only happens in Windows XP.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

But I never have more than 10 things going on at once
But that may be the trigger.

Book open in Sigil, W3schools and MR in Firefox, Calibre, Forte Agent for NNTP and e-mail.
Nah, that is why I have 3 screens attached
Old 04-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I suspect this problem is related to an already reported problem related to XP systems where you can have problems if you change focus away from the app and then later change it back. It only happens in Windows XP.
No, it happens to me in Ubuntu x64 as well.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:40 AM   #10
John2011
Enthusiast

When it happens to me I only have Sigil and Note Pad running.

I am using Windows 7 X64

I have Tidy off.

I forgot to mention this in my previous post.

Silly me.

John P
Old 04-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #11
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
As soon as someone figures out a procedure that reproduces this issue reliably and consistently (and then reports it on the tracker), it will be fixed.

Until then, your guesses are as good as mine.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #12
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I sometimes encounter this, but very sporadically and never reproducible. At least, I haven't found a pattern yet.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #13
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I sometimes encounter this, but very sporadically and never reproducible. At least, I haven't found a pattern yet.
Same here. That makes it damn near impossible to fix. I can't fix something I can't examine.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Same here. That makes it damn near impossible to fix. I can't fix something I can't examine.
No solid pattern, But things I have noticed.
Almost never happens at the start of a fresh session.
It seems to show up more when switching to BV from CV and back.

Is there a race condition where the switch was performed before the CV 'refresh' completed?

Is there some sort of edit 'stack' that gets trashed by events happening to soon in a row.

Something happens with too many switches BV<=>CV. I have seen a working Image now show as 'Broken' after a bunch of switches (trying to beat another layout into submission )

As you know, it works fin, then it happens.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #15
John2011
Enthusiast

It happens to me every time I do F&R.

Today I turned my computer on.

When it was booted up, I connected an external HD via USB.

I Loaded Sigil, opened the book I am working on.

Went to the last Chapter and split it at the end of the chapter.

Loaded Note Tab. I found the text file on the external HD and opened in Note Tab.

I did a Control A, then Control C.

Went to the new last chapter in Sigil, did a control V in book view. All there.

Changed over to code view. All good, except for <div>xxx</div> instead of <p>xxx</p>

So did a Find and Replace. Find all <div> and replace with <p>.

They all changed, then I clicked on the code page and all the <div>s came back.

I then did another Find and Replace, clicked on the code page and the changed stopped there.

I then did a F&R for </div> to </p>, and they all changed, clicked on the code page and they still stopped there.

I have found that once I have done the first F&R twice, it all works as expected.

If I add another chapter, and have to do a F&R again (as above), I have to do the first one twice to make them "stick".

Hope this makes sense.

John