Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 12-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #661
hola!claude
Enthusiast
hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4NT B
I would want to request a book that is included in the "1001 books you must read before you die",
the author, Frederic Manning, died in 1935 so it must be out of copyright:

Her Privates We – Frederic Manning

It's not available at Project Gutenberg, I don't know why.

Thank you(and please don't ban me if I'm wrong)
hola!claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #662
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hola!claude View Post
I would want to request a book that is included in the "1001 books you must read before you die",

What country do you live in?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #663
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:

According to Wikipedia, Her Privates We is an expurgated version of The Middle Parts of Fortune, which is available from Gutenberg Australia.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #664
hola!claude
Enthusiast
hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What country do you live in?
In Italy, the copyright law is similar to the US one, I'm not an expert though:

Quote:
The duration of economic rights for most works and for photographs in Italian law is 70 years from the death of the author (Art. 28). Where there are multiple authors, and for cinematographic works, the economic rights expire 70 years after the death of the last surviving author (Arts. 26, 32).
Old 12-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #665
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
You’re safe from prosecution!
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #666
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The reason for my question is that this book is not in the US public domain, which is why it's not on PG. It is in the public domain in "Life+70" countries such as Italy, though.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:24 AM   #667
hola!claude
Enthusiast

Quote:
The reason for my question is that this book is not in the US public domain, which is why it's not on PG. It is in the public domain in "Life+70" countries such as Italy, though.
I thought that US were a "Life+70" country,
What's the law in the US ?

Thank you
Old 12-09-2014, 05:28 AM   #668
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
I thought that US were a "Life+70" country,
What's the law in the US ?

Thank you
The US is now a life+70 country, but that only applies to books published after 1976.

Everything published between 1923 and 1975 has (provided copyright has been correctly registered), in the US, a 95 year copyright term. This book was published in 1930, so it won't enter the US public domain until 2026.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-09-2014 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:31 PM   #669
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
J Thomas Looney ..... the aptly-named originator of the "Oxfordian" theory of Shakespearean authorship died in January 1944, so (if my ability to count on my fingers is unimpaired) he is now out of copyright in life+70 countries. The cherry on the cake is that his original book "Shakespeare Identified" was published in 1920 - and I believe there was also a US edition in 1921 or 1922.

Although I don't for a moment think that Edward de Vere wrote any of Shakespeare's works (obviously that was Bacon), I'd quite like to read the book. It's a bit expensive in modern editions.

Any chance it could be put up on MobileReads?
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:18 AM   #670
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1944 seems to have been a rather meagre year for authors' deaths.

It included the disappearance and presumed death of Antoine de Saint-Exupery, which will be good news for those who read French, and the death of Arthur Quiller-Couch (who is already widely available already on Gutenberg, as most of his writings were published before 1923).

Does anyone have a favourite author newly out of copyright in 2015?
Old 02-01-2015, 07:06 AM   #671
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araucaria View Post
...and the death of Arthur Quiller-Couch (who is already widely available already on Gutenberg, as most of his writings were published before 1923).
Although that's true, do bear in mind that his work was still in the "life+70" public domain until the start of this year. The fact that it's available on PG doesn't automatically mean that it's legal for you to download it!
Old 02-01-2015, 11:04 AM   #672
chegirl
chegirl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Where I can find e-book for learning Deutch, like Schritte or something else?
chegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #673
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Well, any language course old enough to be in the public domain will be quite outdated, I guess. Better try something current in the ebook store of your choice.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:52 PM   #674
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Although that's true, do bear in mind that his work was still in the "life+70" public domain until the start of this year. The fact that it's available on PG doesn't automatically mean that it's legal for you to download it!
Well it ought to be as legal as lying about were you live and buy a book and then download it without having permission from the copyright holder to do so.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:29 AM   #675
Araucaria
Bibliophile

Quote:
Harry - I know that.

I'm not a "Q" fan myself so I've not even been tempted to download any of his books from PG. So I've no idea whether they are well-formatted or slapdash. But they are now open to people here to have a go at, if that's their bag.

I was more interested in Looney and de Vere: the idea that Shakespeare's plays were written by someone who was definitely dead when a large number of them were written intrigues me: surely a flaw to the Oxfordian hypothesis?

I made a half-hearted attempt at finding a scanned version of Shakespeare Identified on the web somewhere, and failed. If anyone trips across one, I'll be happy to clean it up for MR myself.

[edit a little later] - I have found Looney myself via the Internet Archive. It looks like it will take a week or two, though: very messy scan.

Last edited by Araucaria; 02-02-2015 at 05:13 AM.