Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
readingforfun
readingforfun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Games

Hi I just got my Kindle 3 and am enjoying it so far.

I was wondering how do I get games on it. I know 2 were developed called every word and shuffled words or something like that.

How can I install them?

Also is there a program or something like notepad in which you can just type (To do list, create quick notes etc..)
readingforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
You purchase, download, and run games (probably any apps) just like books. There is a notepad app out there, but it was designed for the K2. You might wait to see if a better one comes out for the K3.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Apparently Every Word and Shuffled Row are temporarily off the store so can't be downloaded as there were some issues with the dictionaries that were supplied with both. Some of the words were offensive so they took down the apps for now.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
readingforfun
readingforfun began at the beginning.

ah thanks thats the reason I couldn't download it.
readingforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
wherethereslife
wherethereslife began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Slick 7" LCD
Shuffled Row is available:
http://www.amazon.com/Shuffled-Row/dp/B003P38AAG/
Also Minesweeper/GoMoku:
ALT+Shift+M from Home screen
wherethereslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:24 AM   #6
Bad Astronaut
Bad Astronaut began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherethereslife View Post
Also Minesweeper/GoMoku:
The Shuffled Row page lists it as "Not currently available." Maybe it's a regional thing.

Minesweeper and GoMoku are sweet though.
Bad Astronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:31 AM   #7
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherethereslife View Post
Also Minesweeper/GoMoku:
Thanks, I didn't know about GoMoku. I thought it was like the old Reversi game, but it's more like an expanded Tic-Tac-Toe.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #8
parablax
parablax began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
if you are out of USA (i.e. uk or international) you will need to move your kindle account to a USA address in order to download these games (do this in th emanage your kindle screen @ Amazon). Worked for me here in the uk. After downloading the games just set your kindle address back to the original.
parablax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:23 AM   #9
Bad Astronaut
Bad Astronaut began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parablax View Post
if you are out of USA (i.e. uk or international) you will need to move your kindle account to a USA address in order to download these games (do this in th emanage your kindle screen @ Amazon). Worked for me here in the uk. After downloading the games just set your kindle address back to the original.
Thanks!! I have both of the new games now. I didn't realize it was so easy to change your country.
Bad Astronaut is offline   Reply With Quote