Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #91
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Not blaming anyone particularly, just saying it's a bad experience and less useful to the buyer.

Here's the Amazon listing: http://www.amazon.com/The-Help-ebook...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Some difference, eh?
The paperback is cheaper than the ebook also.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:06 AM   #92
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
The Australian Borders ebook store is available online and seems to be working fine, was it up and running before the US one?

I have bought 4 books from it so far, at more than comparable prices in AUD
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 10:11 AM   #93
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
The paperback is cheaper than the ebook also.
It will be, but it won't be released until January 4, 2011
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #94
Bismarn
Borders eReaders (Ret)
Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Sony Store Dumped

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwjone1 View Post
Anyone know what happened to the older Sony-Borders e-Book Store?
The Sony store was so sparse and the Borders' branding of it so ineffectual that it was quietly dumped. Sony wanted no part of the new ebook strategy at Borders so they went to Kobo. Sellers in the store push that books bought at the new online site can be used with the Sony Readers using ADE. I have confirmed this myself. The Borders desktop software couldn't see my Sony Reader however, so stick to ADE.

The ironic thing is: everyone complained that Borders got into the ebook game late when in fact they got into it years earlier than B&N by hooking up with Sony, but it made such a tiny splash that no one noticed. In fact some Borders were selling the Sony 505 back when the Kindle 1 came out.
Bismarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #95
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarn View Post
The ironic thing is: everyone complained that Borders got into the ebook game late when in fact they got into it years earlier than B&N by hooking up with Sony, but it made such a tiny splash that no one noticed. In fact some Borders were selling the Sony 505 back when the Kindle 1 came out.
That wasn't really a Borders store though. It was just special branding of the Sony software. The books were still purchased from Sony.

I bought my first eInk device there (a 505) back in October of '07 and it was being able to go to a store and mess around with it that sold me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert